Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. It was created due to their love of lists.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!


Top Ten Halloween Reads - Books that definitely get me in the Halloween mood! - All are books I've read. I'll link the pictures to my reviews of them (if you wanna read more about them and my thoughts) and the titles to Goodreads. :)

1. Anna Dressed In Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake - Who doesn't love some ghost hunting and a ghost with blood dripping off her dress that won't die?

2. Nevermore (Nevermore #1) by Kelly Creagh - This one is a long time favorite of mine! If you haven't read it, go! I love helping make new fans of this one! It incorporates Edgar Allan Poe! And shadows and nightmares! LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!

3. The Name of The Star (Shades of London #1) by Maureen Johnson - Jack the Ripper type story anyone?? I promise. Totally worth the read!!! 

4. Masque Of The Red Death (Masque Of The Red Death #1) by Bethany Griffin - Another book based on an Edgar Allan Poe story! I can't get enough of these types of books! 

5. Dearly, Departed (Gone With The Respiration #1) by Lia Habel - It's Halloween! We have to have a book with Zombies in here right!!! 

6. Falling Under (Falling Under #1) by Gwen Hayes - A place called Under? Making deals with the devil. Definitely falls under Halloween for me!

7. My Soul To Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent - Banshee's! Sensing when someone is about to die. Screaming bloody murder because of it. If you have not read the Soul Screamers series, I highly recommend you do so! It is absolutely fantastic!

8. Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton - The underworld! Feeding on the emotions of humans in despair. Definitely a Halloween read for sure! 

9. Angelfire (Angelfire #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton - Creatures stalking in the darkness, killing reapers. This definitely earns a spot on my Halloween reads list!

10. Pure (Pure #1) by Julianna Baggott - This one made my list, not because I think it's got a Halloween theme or type of character, but because of the creepy, dark factor it has. When I first read this book I was definitely creeped out by a number of the creatures introduced and was shocked at many of the dark elements in this book. That is why it has a spot on my Halloween list!

7 comments:

  1. All these bloody covers! Spooky!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/10/my-favorite-spooky-stories.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these covers look really scary! I haven't read any of these, as I don't read many spooky books :P Great list though!

    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2017/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-bookstagram-made-buy/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These covers are so pretty. I need to read Nevermore because I love Poe and all the retellings. Some great sounding books here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh... all those Poe adaptations! Sign me up! Also, the Falling Under series was SO DARN GOOD.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Pure when I read it a few years ago!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/top-ten-tuesday-131/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Fall by Griffin, so I'd love to try that Poe reimagining. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)