Anna Dressed In Blood (Anna #1)
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: August 30, 2011
Pages: 316
Source: Hardcover/Library

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.
So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life. 

Review: Finally I got to read this! I've been seeing reviews of it everywhere! So I definitely enjoyed the book. I found the whole idea of ghost hunting, killing ghosts, whatever we're calling it in this book (sorry I don't have any better, more intelligent words, I just cant think of any at the moment) really interesting. It was really cool that it got passed down through the generations. I did feel really bad for Cas however because he had to keep moving to hunt the ghosts. It must have SUCKED moving that much! I really liked Thunder Bay however and the friends he made. I really liked Caramel. I don't know why but I do. Lol. It made me really happy that Caramel and Thomas didn't think Cas was out of his mind or anything for hunting ghosts, they actually helped him which I thought was awesome!

Anna! I had no idea what to think about Anna at first. I mean I was ranging from this girl is insane at points to I feel so sorry for her. It wasn't until I read how she was murdered that I finally understood her and why she did certain things. Though I never figured out really why she didn't kill Cas. That bugged me! I wanted to know what was so different about him that she felt like sparing him!!!

I loved how Cas seemed to free her with his actions after finding out how she was murdered. I couldn't believe that change at first! But after seeing how they cared about each other as time went on I was able to believe it. Because of that though I was really sad with the ending even though Anna did a great thing for Cas.

I did wish there was more horror in it however. I was expecting to be scared at points when I read the book but I wasn't. But none the less it was still a really good book!


No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)