Angelfire (Angelfire #1)
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Publisher: HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen
Publication Date: February 15, 2011
Pages: 453
Source: Hardcover/Library

First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.


Review: I really enjoyed this book! I had to wait forever to finally read this book because of the holds on it at the library but it was worth the wait. Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down! I really liked this whole idea of Will being Ellies protector while she's all busy off being the Preliator. I like the idea of having your own protector. I found it kind of funny that Ellie kept trying to run from it at the beginning even though no matter what she did it wouldn't go away like she wanted it to. I mean, you keep getting attacked, keeping having to fight reapers and you have swords that just appear when you will them too. How exactly do you outrun that??? I was wondering why her memories weren't coming back like they were supposed to be. I mean if her memories came back quicker then maybe she wouldn't have tried so hard to fight what she is. And why did it take her twice as long to reappear? That makes me think that something is either wrong or changing with the Preliator. I was also curious about what Ellie was. I mean, she's the Preliator, she's obviously not just human. I was kind of awwwed at what she was when we found out near the end. But it does explain how she could be the Preliator. 

Ellie and Will! I really liked these two. Lol. I thought it was cute (even though  he was doing it more as her Protector) that he would go places with her just because she wanted him too. I hated seeing them not be able to be together because of it "not being allowed" even though the chemistry between them is obvious. I savored the few moments when they didn't care about whether it was allowed or not. You got to see the real emotion. I really liked how Ellie did mature into her role as the Preliator even though it took a massive toll on her personal life (with her friends, family etc.). I also liked how Will tried to be so strong and fight off the feelings he had for Ellie to better focus on his job and not getting in trouble because of it (even though I'd love for the two to be together). I showed that he was dedicated to his job as her Protector and that definitely wins points with me. 

4 1/2 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)