My Soul To Take (Soul Screamers #1)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin
Publication Date: August 1, 2009
Pages: 279
Source: Paperback Bindup

She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.


Review:  I loved this book! It was such a nice change reading about Bean Sidhe's (Banshee's). That is something I've never read about so this book was an amazing change! First of all, I really liked how it kept you on the edge of your seat and kept you in suspense about who would die next! I read this book in just a few hours and I couldn't put it down for fear that I'd miss something good. I just had to keep reading! I also loved how nothing was revealed until necessary. Like how at first it was just  mystery in general about why so many people were dying, then the idea that it might be a rogue reaper is brought up, then the truth comes out fully at the end. The storyline wasn't as predictable as other books could be which made the book and reading it 10 times more fun. I loved learning about Male and Female Banshee's and what talents each had. And I was shocked at who all turned out to be who. I totally didn't see them coming.

Nash... I loved how he is able to help Kaylee control and understand her abilities as a Banshee. I was also happy to know he was one as well. That I did figure out because how he was able to help her and just how he like understood her. I also loved how he tried to protect her at all costs and when he couldn't talk her out of certain ideas he at least tried to help her with them. And I absolutely loved how he was their for her the entire time to coach her through helping Emma and just being there for support with all her family drama. And don't even get me started on her family, HOW MANY SECRETS CAN ONE FAMILY KEEP!?!?! I mean, I was shocked at just how many secrets were revealed within that one family alone! Not to mention what we learned about the Reaper Tod. That was pretty interesting as well. But still compared to what we learned about Kaylee's family, what we learned about Tod seemed minor! I still cant believe someone in her own family was behind why people were dying! I like need to read the second one right now! Lol.

5 Stars!!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm planning to get vol.1 soon. I love its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought this book sounded awesome! I definitely wouldn't mind reading about this Nash guy, because he sounds pretty swoon-worthy. Great review! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)