Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


Guys! I'm so excited! I've been looking for these books for a while now and finally found copies at the used bookstore!!! And both in hardcover too! I'm so so excited to finally have these! 



Thank you Harlequin & NetGalley! :)

So first off, I did not break my requesting spree. Lol. It's been a good month and a half since I requested anything now. Yay me! I had requested these around mid March and they finally got approved this week! I'm seriously beyond excited I got approved for Shadow of the Fox!!!!! :D


So I got a lot of reading done this week! I finished Fracture Me, Ignite Me and Restore Me (review coming Monday) in the span of 2 days. I devoured them! Hoping to use this momentum to power through a lot for Bout of Books starting Monday! I'm actually feeling really confident! 

So guys, I think I'm going to start doing videos again. I used to do them and I really enjoyed them and I kinda miss it. So I think I'm gonna start doing them again. I have my new YouTube channel linked on the side so anyone who wants to subscribe can. I'm looking at posting my first videos this upcoming week. :)

So I know a few people expressed interest in me having more Read-Alongs. So I've come up with a few choices if people would like me to host one in June. 2 are books I finally got after searching for them for ages, and two were random draws from my Goodreads TBR. The book choices are:


Please let me know in the comments if you'd like to participate and what you'd like to read! The one that gets the most interest will be the pick for June! :)

OMG everyone! Guess what?!?! James got straight A's this semester! He's like never had straight A's. I'm so incredibly proud of all the hard work he did for his classes this semester! You guys really have no idea just how proud I am of him! He's hated and struggled with school for ages so to see him do this is seriously just fantastic! 

We also took family pictures last Sunday! We get to pick them up this Sunday and I'm so excited. We got to do so many shots, not just of the three of us, but also just me and James, me and Ana, James and Ana, and Ana herself! I'm so excited to see how they turned out! :D I honestly think they will be the best family pictures yet. 

In one final bit of news, ITS HOT! Like Satan's Armpit hot (this is my second best description of it, my first is not as appropriate! XD). We are now firmly in the consistently over 100 days and I'm so done. The heat gives me headaches. And its not even heat exhaustion or anything. The hot weather just makes my head act up. James is feeling it too and the poor guy has to work in the heat. Never move to Arizona! Especially Tucson or Phoenix. I swear we reach 100 earlier and earlier every year. This is seriously not a good place to live if you like going outside during the day. Or a decently priced electric bill in the summer. 


As always, there is lots of time to sign up for the 2018 Dystopia Reading Challenge. And just as a reminder, the first big giveaway for it will be in July! 


And also, keep in mind, the next Dystopia Reading Challenge related read-along I'll be hosting is in July for Unknown by Wendy Higgins! Picture is linked to Read-Along page with more info!


  • Bout of Books Update Post
  • Review of Restore Me (Shatter Me #4) by Tahereh Mafi
  • Review of Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard

13 comments:

  1. Brittani, I'm so jealous you were able to get Julie Kagawa's new one via Netgalley. I don't think it's available for Australians on Netgalley or maybe I just wasn't approved.

    So many of your books I've also got at the moment. I am listening and reading along Gemina, and finished re reading (and listening) to Illuminae two weeks ago.

    I have got Glitter by Pike and just read the Prologue minutes ago. Just need to get my Netgalley books out of the way and will be reading this, as I've also got Shatter (book 2) waiting for me to read. How great you've gotten these 2 books in your 2nds bookstore, I never find books that good 😣

    I also bought Inferno on Audible as I listened to the entire Talon series via Audible.

    My vote for the readalong is Glitter or The Young Elites. I will still participate in the Glitter or Illuminae readalong even if I've read it already. Is the book for July, the Wendy Higgins?

    Please let me know what your choice of follow option as I'd like to follow you.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also a Mum to a 3 year old boy...well done in getting family pics, that's sometimes a challenge. The last one I got was when he was a newborn so that was fairly easy. I need to get a more updated one. Looking forward to seeing them.

      Delete
    2. Disregard following options as I've already followed 😂 I found it.

      Delete
    3. I'm so excited I got Shadow of the Fox! I'm usually pretty lucky with getting approved for Harlequin titles, but sometimes if it's a really highly anticipated one I get the occassional decline. So I was thrilled to see I got it!

      I also have Shatter waiting for me as well! From NetGalley! Lol. I'm working on reading a bunch of NetGalley books for Bout of Books this week! Hoping to make a huge dent in the pile! I feel lucky I found Illuminae and Glitter at the used bookstore! I've been looking for them for a while now! I think I just happened to go in this week at the right time to find them! I think someone had just traded in a bunch of awesome YA books!

      I'll be starting the Talon series this week! I have them all in Hardcover besides Inferno. So I'm hoping to just fly through them all!

      Hehe. I'm totally hoping The Young Elites win. I'll read whatever is picked but I'm totally in the mood for a Marie Lu book! Yes! The Wendy Higgins book is the July pick! I'm so excited to share my love for that series with others!!!!

      Yes! We have pictures from when she was just born, around a 1 1/2 and then these new ones now. The 1 1/2 year old Ana was so uncooperative! She refused to smile! She was super smiley and into the pictures this time around so I'm so excited we should have some new smiley pictures! :D

      And yay! I'm glad you found the follow options! :)

      Delete
  2. I think NetGalley decided to do a mass approval. I though I was getting all caught up until this week and things that I requested a while back all came through this week. Lol... Hope you enjoy the new books and your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Right! All of a sudden I was getting emails saying I got approved for stuff! And I was like I requested this a while ago. Lol. I'm not mad! Sure it's a few extra books to read, but they are books I wanted! :D Thanks! I hope you enjoy the next week as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh a month and a half without requesting anything?! That is amazing! I can't go a day and half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm being super strong! I'm sure I'll break it once some of the fall titles hit NetGalley, but until then, I'm trying not to request more! At least until I read like 4 or 5 of the books I have for June, July and August. I wanna try and keep a good balance of reading and reviewing before requesting more.

      Delete
  4. I've tried to have more restraint in requesting audio books as I have many for review. One Netgalley I prettty much always have about 10. But to be fair I have books for May to August release right now so it's not as bad as it sounds. I'm doing a Read-along of the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews on the blog, before the release of the final book in August. We are reading one book every 4 weeks and are half-way now. I do games and giveaways each month. I'm new to the Sunday post and it's fun to see what everyone else is doing. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree about it being fun to see what others are doing! I've found so many fun things that I otherwise might not have found just by participating in the Sunday Post! If we wanna get technical, I have currently about 9 books from NetGalley that are upcoming releases. But they span from the later half of this month through October. So I actually only have about 2 books a month when its separated by release dates. That's not bad at all. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on James getting all As! I really want to read the Illuminae series soon!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love shopping at used book stores, it's wonderful that you were able to find books that you've been wanting to read. Great reading week with all of Tahereh Mafi books.

    Congrats James on getting straight A's :) Family pictures are so fun, we really need to take some soon. It's been awhile since we sat for pictures. My bother was just in Arizona this week and he did mention that it was HOT! Try to stay cool and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover for Glitter is gorgeous! I haven't read anything from Julie Kagawa but she's one of the author I really want to try. Hope you enjoy your weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)