The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: April 30, 2013
Pages: 446
Source: E-ARC/NetGalley

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.



Review: This is an awesome sequel to The Immortal Rules!!! This book had my heart pounding so many times its not even funny! So we start out with Allie in a smallish town while trying to find out where Sarren took Kanin. I liked one of the things she deals with right off the bat while shes there. She has to feed, but we all know in the previous book she doesn't exactly like having to kill humans. She's finally getting used to having to do it now to stay alive and sane but still has an internal struggle with it. Her exact quote is "I could choose what kind of people I preyed on, but in the end, I had to prey on someone. The lesser of two evils was still evil." She tries to only feed on bad people, or people that really don't contribute a thing to society but she still doesn't like having to feed on people in general. I still cant imagine how hard it still is for her to have to do that even when she hates it. But I did really like that she tried to only prey on the useless or bad people. At least she wasn't killing people that someone would actually miss a lot. 

So back on Kanin's trail... Allie is following the pull she keeps feeling (blood calls to blood) hoping it will lead her to Kanin... Until all of a sudden she suddenly starts feeling 2 different pulls which forces her to choose one way or the other. She decides to follow the pull she was following from the beginning but it leads her to her blood brother Jackal (Prince of the Raider city) instead. Now after what happened in the last book Allie wanted nothing to do with him, but when he offers up an opportunity she can't refuse (help to find Kanin (who is both of their sire's)), she decides to join forces with him. I was pretty skeptical at first. I thought he was just gonna try to kill her but I started calming down when he didn't try it after awhile. So I warmed up to Jackal A LITTLE. Not much. Just enough to believe he wasn't gonna kill her. Lol. Ok. Despite that I will never be a big fan of Jackal, I seriously could not help but laugh at his jokes all throughout the book. Some of those were seriously good and timed so well! And his sarcasm was top notch! I seriously could not get enough of the jokes and sarcasm. Lol. Despite the fact that Allie and Jackal didn't get along the best, they did work well together as a team. 

Zeke. I was totally not expecting to find him where he was. I was actually shocked at where Allie finds him. I just thought that he'd left Eden and during her travels Allie would run into him again and they'd team up. So I definitely didn't see this one coming. Anyways, I'm glad Allie, Zeke and Jackal all teamed up when they were in New Covington (where Allie swore she'd never return to). I liked that group. I don't wanna go into much detail about this, but they encountered some interesting situations when they got in to try and see the Prince. First being detained, then Sarren being there and pulling some psycho vamp stuff and then kinda allying themselves with the Prince against Sarren. That was very interesting!!! But what was even more interesting, was that when they got Kanin back (from the Prince), they also found out how Red Lung was also affecting vampires now and not just the humans (which let me tell you, it was really gross what the humans did when they got Red Lung, but how the vampires just decayed and stuff... that was pretty gross too!) What made me sad though, was that the dang Prince infected Kanin with Red Lung to ensure they would work really fast to try and find Sarren and a cure. Not cool!!!! 

So, do you guys remember Stick? Allie's human friend from the Fringe when she was human. He shows up in the book and I swear on my life!!!! I wanted to repeatedly punch him!!!!! He was doing every little thing he could to piss you off or annoy you to death! So after everything that happened in the previous book he ended up becoming an aide to the Prince. And he acted all entitled because of it. And then he kept saying Allie only came back because of him. Not true one bit! Sorry Stick, the world doesn't revolve around you! Stop acting like it! All he was trying to do the entire book was trying to show Allie how he was better than her, and that he was capable of doing things. I seriously wanted to repeatedly punch him because of his snobbish arrogance. But.... UGH!!!! What he did at the end of the book.... He pushed me too far with that one. Allie too actually. I would have broke his face for what he did and Allie... She had so much anger at him for what he did it wasn't even funny. He deserved the pain he was in at the end of the book for the constant BS he kept doing. 

The ending.... Oh man... Zeke... So much revolving around Zeke... ARGH!!!! My heart hurt so much during the last chapter for Zeke and for Allie... And after reading the epilogue.... I saw what was revealed in the epilogue coming but I still was shocked... I don't even now what to think after reading the last sentence of the epilogue... I NEEEEEEEED the next book!!!!

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)