Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


I'm super excited about my holds on the first two coming in! And I'm super excited I was able to find A Gathering of Shadows available in the audiobook! I really enjoyed A Darker Shade of Magic in audio last year and kept meaning to get around to listening to A Gathering of Shadows. 

So I definitely felt like this week was a good reading week! I've made more progress on Nyxia Uprising. But I did put that aside temporarily to listen to some audiobooks from the library that are due at the beginning of the next week. I finished Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. Definitely my fave out of the Miss Peregrine's series thus far. This weekend I'm conquering A Map of Days and Hunting Prince Dracula since they are due at the beginning of next week. I really feel like audiobooks have helped me get out of the slump I was in. I'm just enjoying them so much! And quite honestly, as you can tell from the past few weeks of posts, my library has a pretty good selection available. 

This week has been interesting. I've been researching apartments for me and the boyfriend to move into. Lets just say I overheard some serious shit talking about me and him and we're no longer interested in staying where we are currently due to it. I'm just done. I know a lot of you have seen the bullshit I've been dealing with since January and I'm just not having it anymore. I'm done dealing with drama. My mental health has taken a serious dive this year and its time I get to fix that and be in a situation that's gonna make it better, not worse. And being in my own place with someone that's actually trying to be supportive and encouraging is definitely going to drastically improve it. Sorry if that was a bit ranty guys. It's just its been a week. But on the brightside, at least having a place of my own again will mean I actually get to unbox and use all my stuff which has just been sitting in boxes since April. I'm excited for that!

  • Review: A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #4) by Ransom Riggs
  • New Releases: Week of August 13, 2019
  • Review: Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack The Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)