Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


This was my only Black Friday sale buy. I technically bought it during the weekend sales but still. Newly released hardcover 50% off and an extra 10% off with membership. Only paid $8.99 for it! What a steal!!! I'm really excited to read this! I was so surprised with how much I actually enjoyed Renegades, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next part of this story!


So I received both of these lovely ARC's this week from Scholastic. Thank you so much! Both of these have LGBTQ+ rep. And both have over 4 stars on goodreads. I'm really excited to dive into these! 

Ok guys, so its been another uneventful reading week. I'm sorry. I've been struggling guys. It's just been a rough week for me. I really struggle with depression and it's just been present full force this week. I've just had no motivation to read or write any blog posts. Depression is really rough guys. We even decorated for Christmas this week and I'm just not feeling it right now. I mean, don't get me wrong, we have a very pretty tree. Just not feeling festive right now. And on top of that, I feel like I'm getting sick. So it's just been rough. 

On the bright side, Ana's party is on Sunday and her actual birthday is Tuesday! So that's something to be happy about right? It should be fun. And I'm gonna get the 2019 Dystopia Reading Challenge Sign-Ups up either this weekend or early this week. I'll add links to it for those interested if I get it up this weekend! Making the sign-up post isn't super labor intensive, so even though I'm not feeling writing many posts at the minute, its something I can get up without much heavy thought. 

  • 2019 Dystopia Reading Challenge Sign-Ups
  • New Releases: Week of December 4, 2018

10 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your new books! This is the first time in years that I didn’t buy any books on Black Friday. I didn’t know that I possessed that kind of self-control.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lol. If we hadn't have gone to Barnes & Noble I wouldn't have given in to any Black Friday book deals either.

      Delete
  2. I got Renegades in a Goodreads giveaway so I'm sure I'm going to want Arch Enemies too. I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes holidays and times out of routine are tough. Enjoy your week and the birthday. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised by Renegades. I honestly went into it expecting nothing and was genuinely surprised by how much I liked it. Very true. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I have depression also so i know how rough it can be. At times it seems like it is never ending. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so true. I've struggled with it since middle school. But this is the first time since my last serious bout (2013) that its come back this strong. It's just incredibly rough right now. I feel bad since it's hitting during the holidays.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon! *Sending you a virtual hug*
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will feel better soon and the party might cheer you up. And the cover of The Music of What Happens is soo pretty.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It did a little. Ana had such a great time and just loved her Peppa Pig party. So it definitely cheered me up seeing her have such a great day. It is! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)