Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

This Weeks Topic:
Cover Redesigns I Loved/Hated 

Loved

1. Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Despite that I loved the original cover, I also absolutely loved the redone covers for the rest of the series. They are beautiful!!

2. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - I thought the original covers for the trilogy were cool, but I also do love the redesign! I actually own the trilogy in the redesigned covers since I only started it last year and they are beautiful.


3. An Ember In The Ashes Series by Sabaa Tahir - I don't think there's anything wrong with the original covers for the series. But I definitely like the new covers as well! I think they look so beautiful.

4. Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer - So I really loved the redesigned covers for this series because I felt with the wolf/wolf related stuff on the covers it felt more like it fit in with the story.

So-So

5. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - This one ended up going through multiple. I'm just in the middle on this one. I don't hate any of the covers, but I wasn't like OMG I love any of these either. My favorite set of covers though were the ones they stuck with the longest (the middle cover type).

6. Anna and the French Kiss Series by Stephanie Perkins - So I loved the original covers for these. I don't necessarily hate the redesigns, I'm just super annoyed though they changed the covers for Isla. Now I have them all in hardcover, but Isla doesn't match Anna and Lola because of the redesign. Ugh. I really hate when they do this!

7. The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - So I definitely love the original covers more. Definitely my faves. But I don't hate the new ones. They look decent as well. I'd just prefer the old covers over the redesigned ones.

Hate

8. Across The Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis - So if you've been following my blog for a while now, you know how much I LOATHE this one. I was livid when they redesigned the covers right before Shades of Earth came out. I LOVE the original covers. They were beautiful! And I know a lot of people agree with me. This redesign had the blogging community in an uproar. Just why??? The redesigned covers do not look any bit appealing. I don't like them, and I despise that Shades of Earth has to sit on my shelf with the bad cover. This one still bothers me.

9. The Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa - I love the original cover and thats what sits on my shelf. It doesn't matter that the other books still have faces under the dust jacket on the actual book. They don't match. If I want copies of The Eternity Cure and The Forever Song to match my original hardcover, I have to order the UK or Australian editions. That's maddening!! And again, I don't see any appeal in the redesigned covers! Just like with the Across The Universe books, if I saw either that or this on a shelf with the new covers, I'd probably just walk by because they have no appeal and don't even give any idea of what the story may hold. It's boring!!

10. The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld - I own all of these in the original covers thank god. But I just don't see the appeal in these either. I mean, you get a little more than the last two, but compared to the original covers, you can't compare. You literally get to see Tally's progression from Ugly, to Pretty, to Special on the original covers and its more about the surgical aspects on the newer covers. Definitely was not a fan of this redesign either.

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)