So I think I did ok with my reading this month! Didn't read everything off my April TBR but I'm definitely happy with the other books I read instead.

What I Read In April (reviews linked):




So I got 7 books done this month. I hosted the Red Queen read-along this past month. I quite honestly really enjoyed hosting it. It was nice having others to talk to while reading through the book. Getting to see how my thoughts differed from others, what we agreed on. And being able to take the book at a comfortable pace! 

Here's the links to my Red Queen Read-Along Updates (review is above):

Also finally finished the Pure trilogy. I'm not amused. Pure and Fuse were absolutely amazing books and Burn just wasn't. So many things seemed out of place and too unrealistically changed. It just wasn't a good ending. 

Discussions Posted This Month:

Got some good discussion going on this month. Especially on the ARC one. It stemmed from me finding an ARC for sale which then lead to me talking about what to do with them that doesn't involving selling them! 

Posts I Enjoyed Around The Blogosphere in April:

So I'm aiming to read a lot in May. I'm planning on participating in Bout of Books again and I'm aiming to read a lot during that. And I'm also looking to get a lot read so I can schedule some reviews for June since I'll be on vacation in mid June. So looking to really make a push and get a lot read this month!

I'll be reading along with the An Ember In The Ashes Series Re-Read (reading for the first time for me) to get An Ember In The Ashes and A Torch Against The Night read. 

I'll also be reading Restore Me with some of my bookish friends at some point this month so I'll be reading Ignite Me really soon to get caught up. 


So this is my selection of books for May, Bout of Books in mind. Like I said, looking to get ahead a bit for reviews. Plus a number of these are review copies, so I wanna get ahead on them as well! Hoping for a great month of reading!

Also guys, since I hosted the Red Queen read-along , I've had more interest in me hosting them more often. Let me know if you guys have some suggestions! I got lots of books needing to be read too! Lets read them together! :)

14 comments:

  1. Legendary is on my May TBR tentatively at the moment - I have a huge mental list of May releases I want to read and I need to do a huge NetGalley catch up so I might not be able to get to it - especially as I still need to read Caraval! If only I had the power to stop time so I could read.

    Vee @ Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could stop time to read?!?! Legendary is one of my NetGalley books so that's a priority. Nyxia Unleashed, Bruja Born & The Art of French Kissing are also NetGalley books for the next few months so I wanna get ahead and read those! I think my biggest May Release I want to get to is War Storm.

      Delete
  2. I’m glad you had a good reading month! I still need to read An Ember in the Ashes. I look at it every time I go to the store, but I always get distracted by other books. Have a great May!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Right!! I've been looking at it every time as well. James said he wanted to put an Amazon order in and asked if I wanted anything so I decided to get An Ember in the Ashes and A Torch Against The Night so I can get caught up before A Reaper At The Gates comes out. Plus so many people talk about how good the books are that I wanna see what everyone is raving about! Lol. Have a great May as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! You sure got a lot of awesome books to read in May! I really need to read the Shatter Me series soon!

    Here’s my April Monthly Wrap Up!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so excited for the books I've got lined up this month! Hoping I'll get a lot of it read! Yes! You definitely do! I really quite enjoyed the first 2 books. I'm hoping I'll enjoy 3 and 4 just as much!

      Delete
  4. Now I'm curious about that zombie series---I love zombies, for some reason! I agree about Pure---I read it a long time ago, and I don't remember all that much, but I do remember being VERY disappointed. Hate when you invest time in a series and it ends that way.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Yes! I really like it! It is the zombie series I never knew I needed in my life! Seriously! I really liked Pure and Fuse. I loved the world built and the characters in them. But Burn just destroyed all my love for it. Its seriously so disappointing that the first 2 books were great and the last one just crashed and burned.

      Delete
  5. You have such great books on your tbr. I am super curious about Legendary, Bruja Born and Nyxia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks! Yes! Well definitely look out for reviews of them later this month or early in June (depending on when I have them scheduled). :)

      Delete
  6. You had a great reading month! I hope May is just as great. I'm curious about Legendary and Bruja Born. I too have an ARC of The Art Of French Kissing so I plan to read that one soon. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I did! So far May is turning out good. I've already read 5 books. So almost at what i read the entire month last month in the first 2 weeks! Lol. I'm very excited to get to Legendary and Bruja Born! Yes! I'm planning on reading French Kissing during Bout of Books! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a great reading month in April! I love your ambitious May TBR - Bout of Books can be highly motivating for inhaling all the books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Thanks! So far my ambitiousness is paying off. I've read about 1/3 of the TBR I posted! And so far I've been finishing a book a day for Bout of Books! So I'm feeling pretty good! :D Thanks!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)