Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


So we had went through a bunch of books and whatnot this week and got rid of some and got some store credit. And I found this lovely. I've heard great things about this series so I'm excited I finally found a copy of it. 

So this week was a normal reading week. I finished Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han on Sunday. I thought it was a good ending to the trilogy. I also read The Return Man by V.M. Zito. Really interesting read. Pretty much half the US has been overrun by the dead. So zombie novel. I enjoyed it and James is happy cuz he's been suggesting the book to me for a while. And I finished off my reading this week with Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody. I thought it was good and an interesting novel and I'm definitely excited for King of Fools next year! 

This week has been pretty chill. Just been working on scheduling posts and catching up on reviews. Not much else going on right now. Ana is coming home on Monday. She's had a fun 3 weeks with Nana and Granddad but we're excited she's coming home. Next we get to plan our pumpkin patch trip and where we are gonna take her trick or treating. James Aunt Beth took Ana shopping for her Halloween costume and Ana picked out a very cute Vampirina costume. She is incredibly excited to wear it. 

  • Review: Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All The Boys I've Loved Before #3) by Jenny Han
  • Review: Beneath The Citadel by Destiny Soria
  • New Releases: Week of October 9, 2018
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Longest Books I've Ever Read
  • Review: Impostors (Uglies #5) by Scott Westerfeld
  • Recommended Reads For October/Halloween Part II
  • Review: Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas

15 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things in the world is getting rid of books and getting credits for more books. I hope Ana likes the pumpkin patch. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!!! It's the best!!!! I'm sure she will! She's been so excited about picking out a pumpkin this year! Thanks! Have a great week as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Red Rising is one of those books that I've heard nothing but great things about but have never actually bought. Yet... Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Right. Same here. It's been on my radar for ages but didn't actually get it. So I figured why not when I finally saw a copy. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got to pick out a new book with your bookstore credits. I need to do that sometime soon.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's always nice to get rid of some books just to get some new ones!

      Delete
  4. Britt, glad you finally got to read Impostors, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    I'm so jealous that Ana was away for 3 weeks! Simply amazing, I'm sitting here dreaming about what I can do in 3 weeks kid free 😝

    Have a wonderful week! I wish I had somewhere that I could trade in my books with.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I loved it! My review goes up this Wednesday, so you'll have to stop by then and check it out!! :D

      Yes!!! Lol. We got a lot done. Cleaned the house. I'm a solid 2 weeks ahead in blog posts. Got a lot done.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Vampirina sounds pretty cute! My girl wanted to be Hermione Granger, and I'm just happy she didn't let her fixation on unicorns get in the way of costume shopping. 😂🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think she's gonna look adorable. Nice! Lol. Haha.

      Delete
  6. I love how you have already planned for your week's post. I can hardly come up with topics for tomorrow's post. I totally envy your organizational skills.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually wasn't even close to this organized at the beginning of the year. I finally got ahead of reading so I've now been able to keep about 2 weeks ahead on reviews and I can focus on making a discussion for the week instead of all the content!

      Delete
  7. Aw I love it when they're little! Halloween is so much more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)