So October is one of my absolute favorite months and I also absolutely love Halloween! And with October starting, I thought I've give you guys some great suggestions for some books that will give you a genuine Halloween/Spooky/Creepy feeling vibe.

The Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa:
First of all, yes. I did use the Australian covers for books 2 and 3 because they look 100% better than the US ones and also match the original US hardcover. This trilogy is about Vampires. Not fluffy, sparkly vampires from Twilight. Much better, more interesting vampires. And it is really is fantastic for an October read. In fact I'll actually be finally finishing the trilogy myself by reading The Forever Song this month! 

The Shades of London Series by Maureen Johnson:
This series is a paranormal/mystery series. The main character can see ghosts, and the first book, she encounters a Jack the Ripper copycat because of that ability. I actually need to read books 2 and 3 and plan to in October as well. But definitely a good series to pick up. I LOVED The Name of the Star! 

The As The World Dies Trilogy by Rhiannon Frater:
Zombies guys. Zombies. And this is definitely not a YA series either. I absolutely loved this trilogy when I read it. It was so engrossing, but also quick to read. I definitely suggest this for October since zombies fit so well into the overall theme of the month! :)

The Nevermore Trilogy by Kelly Creagh:
This trilogy is based off of Edgar Allan Poe! And October is 100% the best time to read some Poe. I absolutely adore this series guys. So many dark elements, just like in a Poe story. You need to check these books out this month if you haven't read them! :D

The Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Series:
This is perfect for this month. Peculiar children. Paranormal abilities. Paranormal enemies. Time loops. Creepy vintage pictures. This series really fits the theme!

The Ashes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick:
I really love this series because it starts out being dystopian. And then it evolves to kinda being like a zombie story. The people affected by the EMP wave in a negative way are called The Changed and act pretty much like higher thinking Zombies is what I'd say. I'm reading Monsters this month to finally finish off the trilogy. Definitely a good October read! 

The Anna Dressed In Blood Duology by Kendare Blake:
Ghost hunting. Killing the dead. The ghost of a girl murdered who now kills anyone who steps foot in her former home. Even though I wasn't scared as much as I was expecting, I definitely think its a good October read. I kinda wish I had read the first book in October instead of February of the year I read it. But I wasn't as keen on a themed October back then. 

The Return Man by V.M. Zito:
So I actually just read this book. I intentionally waited until October to do it. In short, Zombies. Pretty much the US has been divided. East of the Mississippi is the Safe States and West is the Evacuated States. In the West, the dead roam. Our main character never evacuated and now is for hire to put down dead loved ones until the government taps him for a job. I was definitely not expecting a fair amount of the story, especially in regards to the infection to begin with. It was a good story and I'm really glad I read it for my themed October month. I'd highly suggest it!

Tune In Next Week for Part II of My Recommended October Reads! :)

4 comments:

  1. October is my favorite month, too! I have a ton of horror and true crime sitting on my shelf. Hopefully I can read a big chunk of it this month. I need to read Anna Dressed In Blood eventually. Some of my blogger friends really liked it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Anna Dressed In Blood when I read it!! :) I'm digging in to a bunch of mysteries and darker books this month. I just love the overall feel October gives! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes Britt! Love this list, first 2 Ive started but haven't completed, but there's a few on this list I am so keen to start on, but realistically I don't think I can read this month as ive got so many ARCS to catch up on 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! LOL. I need to finish book 3 of the Blood of Eden series. Luckily that also coincides with finishing ARC's for ARCtober as that's one I've had for AGES. LOL.

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)