Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


So I'm sure you guys will find this amusing considering I said I resisted buying them last week. LOL. So I bought War Storm first because I had every intention of reading King's Cage and War Storm this week. Instead I ended up starting A Court of Thorns and Roses. So I actually spent this week reading the ACOTAR series instead which lead to my buying ACOFAS. Lol. 


Thank you NetGalley and Annick Press! 

So I actually got a lot of reading done this week! I read A Court of Thorns and Roses, A Court of Mist and Fury, A Court of Wings and Ruin, The Young Elites, and Warcross! 5 books!!! Yes! So I honestly didn't even plan to read so much. I picked up ACOTAR at the beginning of the week and just got sucked up into the story! I couldn't put the series down once I started it! Seriously, ACOTAR is now one of my absolute favorite series. I'm so addicted! Also got The Young Elites read for the read-along and also finally reread and scheduled my review of Warcross. A great reading week for me. I wanted this though so I could schedule reviews for next week since I'll be on vacation!

So this week we've been getting ready for vacation! We're going to California! We'll be in Carlsbad from Monday-Thursday. We're excited! James has been working a lot of extra hours this week on top of what he was already scheduled so he's really looking forward to vacation. He's exhausted and just wants to go lay on the beach! Lol. Poor guy. 

Also, look guys! With my extra reading this week, I did it!!!! I'm back on track for my reading goal!!! I'm so freaking happy I finally got caught up! :D You have no idea how excited I was to see 1 book ahead finally!! 

As promised, the June Link-Up went up this past Tuesday! And the 2nd quarter update will go up this week on Friday. So look out for that! If you'd like to join there is still plenty of time! :) Sign up is linked to the button!

Also, the June Read-Along of The Young Elites series is under way! If you'd like to join, the info post is linked to the picture! I'll have my first update post up on Sunday! :)
I'll also have the official info post up for the July Read-Along of the Unknown series by Wendy Higgins up sometime this next week (we'll see if I have time to schedule it or do it when I get back). But if you're interested in that, more info will be posted soon! :)
  • Monday: Review of A Court of Wings and Ruins (ACOTAR #3) by Sarah J. Maas
  • Tuesday: New Releases
  • Wednesday: Review of A Court of Frost and Starlight (ACOTAR #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas
  • Thursday: Discussion
  • Friday: Review of Warcross (Warcross #1) by Marie Lu

14 comments:

  1. Have fun in California! Congrats on catching up with your Goodreads goal. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes!!! I'm so excited I caught up! Now the goal is to make sure I stay on track! Thanks! I'm suspecting I'll enjoy ACOFAS even though its not plot driven like the rest of the series cuz I seriously love Rhysand and Feyre! :D And War Storm, we'll have to see. I've seen some mixed opinions on its ending but I guess I'll just have to see my thoughts when I read it.

      Delete
  2. I should finish the ACOTAR books. I read book one and enjoyed most of it, except for the ending. I just liked Tamlin, though... But I know that ship ended from spoilers around the interweb, so I have yet to pick up book two. :(

    Hope you enjoy the Red Queen books, and thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. To put it lightly, Tamlin turns into an ass in book 2 and pretty much through book 3 as well. I hope so too! Now that I'm pretty much through the ACOTAR series I'm hoping to get back on track with finishing the Red Queen series. Lol. No problem! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you read A LOT this week! I keep meaning to join some of these readalongs, but I just haven't been able to reliably keep up with scheduled reading lately. I'm hoping that will change soon!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I'm so so excited! I think its cuz I got sucked into the ACOTAR series and couldn't put it down. Lol. Heh. Yeah, that was definitely me earlier in the year. I couldn't keep a reading schedule to save my life through January and February.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the reading challenges so far. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing The House of One Thousand Eyes on STS a lot this weekend. Now you're making me curious!
    That's so cool that you got so much reading done. And it's great to hear about that vacation - I wish I was soon going on one too! Unplugging and leaving your usual surroundings is just so great. Have fun :)

    Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I read the description for it and it sounded really interesting. The general vibe I'm getting from it is its supposed to be set in Germany before the Berlin wall came down during the Cold War period. I think it'll be a good read!

      Yes!! I'm so excited I got so much reading done! It's been so long since I had a good reading week I didn't have to push myself on. Yes! We're so excited for vacation! It's definitely nice to have a few days to unwind and relax. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. Yaay! Hope you enjoy all your new books and your time in California!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally need to read all of those! I have them all and I know I'll enjoy them... just haven't gotten to them sadly. We love Carlsbad. In fact I was telling my husband we need to escape to that area somehow in July. It's been so hot here and I need some beach time. I hope you have a fabulous trip!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Haha. I'm glad I'm finally getting to them. My fiance loves Carlsbad. Lol. Yes! We both live in AZ! I'm in the Tucson area. Lol. It's hot here as well. We hit like 106-107 this week. Thanks!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)