So since I don't have to money to go to BEA I decided to participate in Armchair BEA! It's a way for those of us who can't actually go to New York to still participate! I look forward to meeting you all!

So today we are doing interviews! So let me tell you a little bit more about me!

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

My name is Brittani! I'm 18, gonna be turning 19 in September (only a few more months away!) I'm hoping to start college in the Fall. I took a year off to decide what I wanted to do and I've finally decided on studying Communications and Writing! I'm an aspiring writer (why I wanna studying Writing) and if that fails I'd love to get a job in the Publishing Industry (why I wanna study Communications).
I've been blogging almost a year now. In a month (and a few days), July 7, I'll be celebrating my year blogoversary. I originally got into blogging for two reasons, one being that I absolutely love reading and I really wanted a place to share my thoughts on books! The second being that I had just gone through a break-up and I needed something to keep my mind off it, and since I was using reading as a way to preoccupy myself I thought a place to talk about what I was reading was a great way to do it!

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

I am currently reading Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne and A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink!
My favorite book I've read in 2012 so far would have to be Insurgent by Veronica Roth (which I make really obvious) so, if you want something besides the obvious I'd have to go with The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith! That story was absolutely adorable!

Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

Do we have to keep it at one? Cuz I'd love to share a little more than one thing about myself! Lets see my favorite bands are Escape The Fate and Bullet For My Valentine. I love to bake (brownies, cakes, cookies, you name it). And I was a choir girl in high school! Unless people have visited my personal blog nobody in the blogging world knows that. I was an Alto and really good one at that though I have to range to do Soprano also. :D

What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?

My favorite part of the book blogging community is the people!!! Ever since I started blogging I have made so many friends in other bloggers and it has made my life so much better! I never expected to meet so many amazing people throughout the world through my blog. Right off the top of my head there isn't anything I can think of that I'd like to see change but if I think of anything I'll come add it

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?

They have. I used to only read specific kinds of books even within Young Adult. But since starting my blog my tastes in books have really opened up (like I read all types of genre's in YA) and I've also got into Adult books as well!

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning and welcome to Armchair BEA! It is a pleasure to meet you! Good luck with starting college, sounds like you have some great goals for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost blogaversary! Good luck with school (and when you're a big time publisher, feel free to send me some ARCs :) )

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that you can sing so well. I wish I could. I went to an informal singing group for a while but just didn't like my own voice. :-(

    Have fun at Armchair BEA, maybe one year you can go to the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - the people in the blogging world are the best part!!!!

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my intro

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read Monument 14, it looks so good - I'm meeting Emmy Laybourne tomorrow night and am really excited. And I love to bake and was totally a choir girl in school, too! I was an Alto in a few of my school's choirs for 6ish years, but had to make a choice between choir or journalism my Junior year - journalism won out, but that's ok since that's what I went on to get my degree in, so it was worth it to me :)

    Thanks for stopping by my intro post yesterday! I actually live in San Diego right now, I have for about 7 years now - you're road tripping down here? I can give you tons of tips! Do you know where you're staying yet? Email or tweet me, and we'll chat! ashleylovesbooksblog[at]gmail [dot]com or @italylove19 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see how much our reading tastes change over time. :) Your blog is very lovely by the way.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)