Guys, I had an AMAZING reading month! I finished 19 books. Yes, you read that right. 19!!! Between Bout of Book (I finished 6 1/2 books) and just a number of incredibly fast reads, I had a record reading month. This is honestly the best reading month I've had of 2018. I'm thrilled! I'll link reviews for the ones that are posted. If there's no review link, that means its scheduled but not live yet.

What I Read In August:
If I'm honest, I'm kinda disappointed with the 2nd and 3rd DoSaB books. The first one was super strong and the second just felt like filler. And the third a mix of books 1 and 2. I was hoping for a stronger ending. However the ToG series seems to be getting stronger as books go on! 

So I listened to the audiobook of TATBILB since the movie came out and I wanted to have an idea of the story going into it. But then I also had to read P.S. like right after cuz I gotta know what's happening. I also got off my lazy butt and read Shadow and Bone after having it literally for ages! 

A few of my ARCs in this line. Ignite the Stars was good for a Sci-fi book. Kinda slow with the action/plot in the first half, but overall, not a bad read. Quick too. Shadow of the Fox was pretty good! I absolutely LOVED the Japanese culture, folklore and mythology in this book. It was so rich in it and it had me hooked! Definitely suggest you buy it when it comes out in October.

So I read the entire Talon Saga. I have to admit. If I rated this series as a whole. It'd be a 4/5 Star series. Book 1 was a bit slow for my liking. the next 3 were good but not mind blowing. It was only when I got to the last book that I felt like the book blew me away and gave me everything I wanted in a book in this series. 

Discoveries In August:
  • I figured out I really LOVE contemporary books on audiobook. I also found out I really like the Miss Peregrine's books on audio too cuz the narrator is really good. 

Happenings On The Blog (and life) in August:
  • Bout of Books 23! Here's my TBR & Updates and Here's my Wrap-Up. Got a little over 6 books read! Woot!
  • ARC August! Here's my TBR. And Here's my Wrap-Up! I got 5 ARC's read and one more started before the end of the month.
  • I featured my favorite Book Blogs & Booktubers!
  • I got my first tattoo!!! Here's my StS where I revealed it and talked more about it, but I will put a pic of it below. :)

Posts I Enjoyed Around The Blogosphere:


Ok, so yeah. The second book in this row is not like the others. LOL. James has been bugging me for months now to try a Warhammer book. So I'm indulging him. I chose that one in particular cuz it sounded interesting, and despite being book 12, I know you can read these out of order. James does. LOL. 

So I got a fun lineup. Some older books, some new releases, some ARCs. I'm pretty excited for my September TBR to be honest. 

Also, I'm super excited that its September because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!! YAY!!!! My birthday is September 8th! I'll be 25 this month. Wow. I've already hit my mid 20's. If you asked me when I first started this blog if it'd still be around when I turned 25 I probably would have laughed. But hey. Here I am and here it is. 

18 comments:

  1. I was kind of dissapointed by Talon and so I haven't read on but your small review there of the series makes me want to read on. I own books 2 and 3. We shall see. You had a great reading month. So many series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Right. My goal this year is to complete a lot of the series sitting on my shelves. So far I'm doing ok on that. Honestly, I definitely have to say Talon was the weakest of the series. The books definitely get better as they go on.

      Delete
  2. Wow, 19! That is also the highest I've ever done, and it's to do with a readathon as well :D it's just that dealing with the reviews after that was kind of hard :D
    Wow, congrats on the tat! Looks great.
    Hope you have a great September, especially since it's your birthday month :)

    Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. The readathons definitely help! OMG I feel you. I still have a review left from Bout of Books I need to write. I'm finally almost caught up after typing away this past week! Thanks! I'm so happy with how it came out! And thanks! I always love September even without including my birthday. It's a good month!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on having a great reading month! My 2018 has been terrible for reading. I still have 4 months left to turn it around. Good luck with your September TBR! I loved A Darker Shade Of Magic.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can definitely turn it around in 4 months. My year started off terrible. Going into June I was 8 books behind my goodreads goal. Then I cracked down and turned it around! I'm so excited for A Darker Shade of Magic!! I've heard such good things about it!!! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm really torn on reading the other Laini Taylor books. The first in the series took me forever to read, but I thought it was interesting. I was bored out of my mind with Strange the Dreamer. Maybe she just isn't the author for me? I hope you enjoy your upcoming reads. Before She Ignites has been on my TBR forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Some people have said her writing just isn't for them. I loved Strange. Even more than Smoke & Bone honestly. I just kinda feel let down by the Smoke & Bone series. It started off great but the following books just didn't live up to the greatness of the first. Thanks! It's been on mine for a bit as well! I'm hoping I'll enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your best reading month! I see you read a few of my favorite series--Illuminae and Talon series and Wildcard is a book I need NOW. I have Gemina ready to read this fall and am hoping to receive Inferno for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes! The Illuminae Files is one of my all time favorite series! And the Talon series was pretty good as well. Yes! I'm so excited for Wildcard. Warcross was not my favorite, but after that ending, I really wanna know what's gonna happen! I hope you get Inferno!! I thought it was the best out of the Talon books! :)

      Delete
  6. Yay for a great reading month. I love the books you've read and the ones you have on TBR. I have either read or plan to read most of them. Exciting books! I hope you have another great month and Happy Birthday this week! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's how I am with a lot of other peoples TBRs. I've either read them or plan to. Lol. Thanks!!! :D

      Delete
  7. Happy early birthday! You had a great reading month - hoping September is just a awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :D And thanks again! I really did. I was so surprised I read so much. I'm hoping in September I can at least finish like 15-16 books.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed the Miss Peregrine series in audio as well. My niece is a big fan of Sarah J Maas and I've been looking for some other authors to recommend to her. I'll have to check out some of hthe books on your list. See what I read at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good in audio right?? They got a good narrator! Yes definitely! I'd definitely say look into Laini Taylor, V.E./Victoria Schwab if she likes SJM. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, you really did have a fantastic reading month! I agree that the final book of the Talon series was the best.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes definitely! It was the only one I 5 starred. While I enjoyed the other ones, Inferno was definitely the best all around!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)