A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR #3)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: May 2, 2017
Pages: 699
Format: Hardcover/Own

Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit – and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords – and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.


*Review has spoilers, some rambling and a little bit of ranting as well*

Review: I know this wasn't everybody's favorite book of the series, but I still genuinely loved it just as much as the others! I'll admit it, this is one of my guilty pleasure series. Its become one of my favorites and nothing is changing my mind on my love for it! While I didn't exactly like everything that happened in this book, I didn't let it put a damper on things. 

Ok, so I'm jumping right into this one. Some people have claimed that Tamlin had a redemption arc in this. I don't see it guys. The only redemption arc I saw in this was him eventually siding with all the faerie courts. That's it. He choose the the good guys to back in the war. Other than that, he still showed how much of an abusive, controlling, envious ass he was. There is no redemption for that. He still showed his anger by exploding it out in a burst of power destroying stuff yet again. And this time, Feyre intentionally didn't shield herself from it so he could see the actual damage and injuries his anger did to people. Its also very clear that even though he tries going along with letting Feyre do more in his court, that he's against every bit of it. You can sense his urgent need to control her every move in his actions. He didn't change one bit. On top of that, you could sense his anger over Feyre getting away from him again with that loud snarl that Feyre and Lucien heard all the way on the border with the Autumn Court. Like freaking chillax. Then all he says to her during the meeting with all the high lords. Still acting like he owns her! Still calling her his bride even though she made it quite clear and obvious at this point that she is MARRIED to Rhysand. Acting like Rhysand still stole her from him when it was also made perfectly clear she went willingly and didn't want to go back. And then calling her a whore on top of that, saying she was just like Rhysand with Amarantha. Seriously, Tamlin can rot in hell for all I care. His helping save Feyre doesn't redeem him. I swear somehow he probably still thought he could get her back after that. That is how people like Tamlin think. No helping bring Rhys back doesn't redeem him either. Feyre practically had to beg him to help. If he truly wanted Feyre to "Be Happy" like he said, he would have offered that seed of life the moment he got there. Instead he made Feyre beg and grovel to save her mate. Sorry, Tamlin proved he's still trying every last thing to be as awful as he can be. No, I'm not being to hard on Tamlin. I've been through abusive stuff like Tamlin did first hand. I have no tolerance for it and no sympathy.

Feyre! I was living through her! I loved her every move against Tamlin. The taunting him with acting like she was doing something with Lucien, slamming the door in his face, letting him hurt her to make a point. I loved the vengeance. Every single moment of it I was like "YASSSS GIRL, MAKE HIM REGRET EVER MESSING WITH YOU."  And I love how she and Lucien escaped from him right under his nose. And thank you Lucien for being smart and going with Feyre. Yeah Tamlin suspected you guys of having a thing that wasn't actually true, but Lucien is seriously so much better off with the Night Court instead of the Spring Court. I also love how Feyre became independent. Everyone says she connected at the hip to Rhys. While yes, they were very connected through a lot of this book, I saw a lot that being them trying to work together because of the upcoming war. United front. But Feyre was still off doing her own thing a lot. Making bargains Rhys has no idea about until after the fact because she knew he'd be worried about them. Also being fiercely protective over her sisters and even Lucien as like her best friend and putting a stop to anyone bugging them. I'm sorry, they actually weren't attached at the hip every moment of every day. Feyre did stuff that needed to be done to help her family and her allies.

Rhys! I can't get enough of Feyre and Rhys! I love how much he lets her make choices for herself. He never tells her she isn't allowed to do anything. He always warns her she may not like what she sees when doing something, but he never tells her "no, you can't" like Tamlin did. He always gives her choices and respects them. Sure Rhys does get upset if she does something without telling him, but he never gets angrily abusive. He just talks to her about how worried he was and says he just wants to know what she's doing. You know, like one of those I know where you are in case something were to happen to you type of deals. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I tell my fiance where I'm going just in case something happens. You never know. I also love that Rhys is the one who stands up to rally everyone. Every single high lord thinks of Rhys as the dark, disgusting lord like he played Under The Mountain. The one that only cared about himself and what he wanted. You could tell everyone was weary of the fact he was trying to rally them together and used every thing they could throw at him against him to try and discredit him. But he refused to give up on rallying the courts together against Hybern. He knew they needed every ounce of help they could get. And what he gives up at the end. My heart couldn't take it. He gave up everything to give Feyre and all the other Fae and humans a chance at living. If anyone thinks Rhys didn't care, that proved he did. He literally died for everyone.

I do feel like Rhys slapped Mor in the face with the alliance with Eris. Mor was so hurt that Rhys didn't tell her he had to form some type of alliance with her ex fiance who left her for dead. I felt so bad for Mor. She deserved to know and probably wouldn't have stopped it either knowing how important it was. But she deserved to know. Just like I felt Amren should have told Feyre what the hell she was planning to do during the battle instead of acting like she betrayed them by not destroying the cauldron. I'm sorry, I feel like Feyre was smart enough to know that they needed Amren to use her powers to destroy the army and wouldn't have stopped her. But she should have told Feyre. I am a little disappointed she was brought back. Like it had so much meaning that Amren was willing to give up everything to help them wipe out the armies, but the fact she was brought back. It seemed like it was forming a way to happy ending. I mean I do like Amren, and I don't mind her living, but it kinda undermined the significance of her sacrifice.

I was impressed with the fact Nesta and Elain showed up when it counted. Nesta really came through. She fought some of her anger and bitterness away to help with the war. I definitely ship her and Cassian. She disliked him so much through most of the book but yet never wanted to see him die. I definitely need Nessian to happen! The scene with them and the king. My heart! And Elain, she was just a freaking shell the entire book but she came through in that scene with the King and finally did something to really help. And it seems like after that she is slowly working her way out of that shell. I really hope Elain and Lucien can build something together with the mating bond there and all. Lucien is such a caring soul and I feel like he'd be good for her. And I seriously cried over the scene involving their father and the boats. Emotions people! They were flowing.

The revelation about Lucien and who his father actually is! OH MY GOD! Are we going to see more of this story develop and things happen with it in the next parts of the series? Because I need to see where this goes. Lucien deserves to know and have a relationship with his actual dad. Please develop this story more!!!


No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)