Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


Thank you Random House & NetGalley!!! I'm seriously so freaking thrilled I got approved for this!!! Like I'm all kinds of excited for this! 


So the February Link-Up went live this past Monday. Remember, there's still lots of time to sign up! And I promise, you don't have to be super hardcore into Dystopia to participate. One of the badges is to read like 1-5 books. That's not too bad if your just wanting to try out a few books eh? Come join the fun!



So book related news first. If anyone needs a good sale. Barnes & Noble is offering a 3 for $30 sale on a lot of teen books. I browsed through and found a number of great books included in the sale. Including some just released books, in hardcover. Totally worth a look! The sale ends at the beginning of March.

For those of you that saw last weeks post, you'll remember I talked about how I was gonna start eating healthier and start working out. Well, I have been working on portion control (which is really one of my big issues with food). So far so good on that front. And I started working out this week. OMG guys. I swear I'm literally dying. I'm so out of shape!!! Lol. My body is so sore from the muscles not being worked out much. Hey, no pain no gain though right?? I'm gonna keep at it!

Another fun tidbit. I don't know how to drive a manual (stick shift). A few months ago James and his mom started teaching me the basics with the clutch and timing and whatnot. So since then, we haven't had a chance to go practicing. Well, this week I got back in the drivers seat. Not for long. Just to move our jeep from a random spot in the parking lot back to our assigned covered spot (which someone stole like 5 mins before James got home from work, hence having to move the jeep). But OMG. I didn't stall it!!! I may have slightly peeled out a bit, but I didn't stall it!! That's the important bit. I'll take it! It felt good not stalling it on the first try after not practicing for about 3 months!

Review of Just One Year by Gayle Forman
Review of Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Since this week coming up is Valentines week, I'm gonna take the opportunity to read a few contemporaries I need to catch up on. Also, look out for a favorite couples (love themed) Top Ten Tuesday post!!

22 comments:

  1. The cover of your new book is gorgeous! I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll have to check out that Barnes & Noble sale (even though more books are the last thing I need). I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You too! And OMG seriously! The last thing I need is more books too. But I can't help it. Like 3 books I'm dying to read that just came out are included!!!!

      Delete
  3. Good job with working on portion control and exercising. I'm just starting that as well. It's so hard. It's nice to have a blog to update people so that you feel like you're being held accountable.

    https://hibernatorslibrary.com/2018/02/11/sunday-update-week-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely agree! If I know people are keeping track of how things are going, it definitely gives me more motivation to stick to it!

      Delete
  4. What, Nyxia 2 is already out on NetGalley? Wow, that was fast! It's just like the first ARCs were only getting out a month or two ago. What :D time flies... Congrats on getting it, anyway :)

    Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Can't drive stick as well. And I am glad your new food habits are working out well.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love driving a manual transmission. Its getter more difficult to get them in newer cars though :( I have a 2012 now with a stick but unless I want a sports car, its hard to find sticks anymore.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! My fiance's jeep is a 2003. And he absolutely does not want to ever get rid of it just for the sole fact its harder to find a manual nowadays in new cars.

      Delete
  7. I had no idea that Unleashed was on Netgalley! I've been dying to read the sequel.

    Congrats on going to the gym. It's so hard. If it wasn't for the Mister waking me up to go with him, I probably wouldn't be going. I agree with portion control, I feel like that's the hardest thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I think I had come across it last weekend when I was doing my weekly scroll through the YA books. And thanks! Lol. I have the opposite. I'm the one that has to get the mister up to work out with me! LOL. Definitely! I know I let my portions get way out of hand so its been a challenge to get them back down to a balanced healthy portion. But so far so good!

      Delete
  8. Way to go not stalling!!! I learned to drive a stick when I learned to drive. Once you learn, you never forget. Keep practicing!!! =)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! If my parents had had a manual when I was learning, I guarantee my dad would have taught me to drive stick. But we only had an automatic at the time. That's what James keeps telling me. He's pretty happy I didn't stall after not practicing for a bit. So that's good progress!!

      Delete
  9. Have fun with the Dystopia challenge. Happy reading (and driving)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job on dieting and working out. The pain is worth it! And burning a little rubber is fun when learning to drive a stick shift. LOL I miss my 5 speed. Drive an automatic now.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely agree the pain is worth it! Lol!! Hahaha. Me peeling out definitely gave us a good laugh for the night! That would be James. He'd miss his manual so much if we ever had to get solely automatic cars. He's determined to find a manual Toyota Tacoma when he does get something new.

      Delete
  11. Congrats. I've heard some good things about the Nyxia books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on your healthy eating diet! I need to start eating healthy myself!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It's definitely one of my biggest goals to stick to this year. Not just so I can lose weight but just cuz it would be good for me all around.

      Delete
  13. Enjoy your new read. I'm new to that series. Happy reading!

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)