Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Topic:
Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read

So just a quick note. These have all been on my TBR since 2011/2012 when I initially started the blog and was expanding my reading list ideas. 

1. The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa - So I remember hearing a lot about this when I first started blogging. So I bought a copy and its been on my shelf ever since. I honestly don't know why I haven't picked it up. I love faery books, I love Julie Kagawa books. But yet I just let it sit there! I know I'd probably love this book if I would just pick it up, but for some reason I just keep going right past it. One day!!! Maybe this year! I swear I will finally read this book in the hopefully near future! Lol. 

2. Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White - This has been on my TBR as long as The Iron King. It was another book I heard a lot about and added to the TBR. I owned the book at one point, but ended up trading it at my bookstore for credit towards other books. I still wanna read it at some point. I just honestly don't see myself getting to it anytime soon despite its long time being on my TBR.

3. The Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trapper's #1) by Jana Oliver - So I actually had started reading this book back in 2011, but ended up having to return it to the library after only getting a few chapters in because someone else had a hold on it. I was however enjoying the few chapters I had read. But after that, I never picked it back up and finished it despite having checked it back out later on. I was so distracted by other books it just got permanently put on the back burner. I really do wanna pick this back up and finish it though. 

4. Born At Midnight (Shadow Falls #1) by C.C. Hunter - This is another book I owned for a while but traded in. I heard a lot about it and thought it sounded good but I think at one point I did try to read it and at the time couldn't get into it. So I set it aside. And I didn't pick it back up after. 

5. Blood Red Road (Dust Lands #1) by Moira Young - So this got on my list as I started getting into my now favorite genre, Dystopia. Which makes it all the more sad and weird that I still haven't read it. I do own the entire series now. So I think that will make me want to read it now. And plus, I've decided to make this book a part of my 2018 Dystopia Reading Challenge goal. So I will read it this year! I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as much as I've seen others enjoy it!

6. Destined (House of Night #9) by P.C. & Kristin Cast - So I know why this is still a long timer on my TBR. So backstory. This was one of my favorite series before I started my blog, hence why none of the books are reviewed. Me and one of my besties even read these books together! I'd get the newest book and then let her borrow it after I finished it. But quite honestly, I got bored with the series after book 8 and I tried, I tried really hard to read Destined. But I only got about a chapter or two in before it bored me as well and I haven't touched it since. Which honestly bugs me because it's one of the series I wanted to finish, but I just don't know if I can force myself through the last few books to do it. Has anyone read the last few in the series? Does it pick up again? Would it be worth it to finish the series?

7. The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima - So I heard so many good things about this series. And I myself think it sounds really amazing. But its honestly just constantly been pushed aside for other books. I really wanna get to this series in the near future. I just need to make some time for it and actually get to it!

8. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer - So yeah. This one is very well known. I kinda put this on my TBR solely because other people recommend it, not so much cuz I saw it and thought it sounded awesome. And I think that's why it's still there. I think I keep avoiding trying it because I'm not super sure I'm gonna like it. So any opinions out there? Should I just give in and give it a try finally and see if I actually do like it or not?

9. Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini - So this one, I'm not sure why its still on the TBR. I love Greek mythology types of books. I really really do. I know this book/series would be right up my alley and I'd probably genuinely love it. But I just never picked the book up. I really think this one suffered from a case of the overflowing TBR. A book I really want to read but just got buried so deep in the pile I forgot to finally pick it up. I will change that! 

10. Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore - Another book I added to the TBR because everyone talked about it and how good it is. But this one I definitely think is still there due to fear. I'm scared to read it on the chance I don't like it. I usually somewhat enjoy most books, but I guess with this one I'm scared to read it and not like it or parts of it and criticize it since its so widely loved. I will get over my fear of reading it eventually. But for now, it's still gonna sit on the TBR while I read some other stuff. 

5 comments:

  1. I really like the cover for Dust Lands/Blood Red Road. I hope you enjoy it.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of those Paranormalcy books on my shelf and have heard Julie's books are amazing. I own the former thanks to a trusted blogger's review (but instead there the books sit unread) but haven't picked up any of the latter's works. I do own the 'Lunar' books, but same applies there; still haven't read them. So many people have told me they're must read though the progressive length of them gives me pause. I'm so not a lengthy book fan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up much sooner with the House of Night books (I started them when I lived in Oklahoma, where the authors are), but I mostly liked the side characters and not the main ones. I really love Cashore's books, but I still need to read her latest book. And I need to finish The Iron Fey series, and the Cinder series. I need a timeturner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't that keen on either Cinder or Graceling, but hopefully you'll like them better. That Iron Fey book has been on my TBR for ages, but I still haven't bought it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/06/top-ten-tuesday-145/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with the Lunar Chronicles. There`s so much hype surrounding it, but I`m scared I won`t enjoy it as much as everyone else.

    Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)