Here's the rules.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you've tagged them!
First I was tagged by Annie In Wonderland
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. Do you prefer literary (character-driven) or commercial (plot-driven) fiction?
Um... Idk. I think I prefer more character driven books. Once I'm introduced to a character I love seeing how they progress and mature, the action and plot all around it is just an added bonus.
2. Do you like classic literature? (Bronte, Faulkner, Shakespeare etc.) If so, recommend one (1) for a modern reader who loves books but cant seem to see the magic of the classics.
I do like some, most of the ones I liked I read in high school. I really liked Shakespeare and if I'm going with that then I have more than one suggestion. I'd suggest the obvious Romeo & Juliet and I'd also suggest A Midsummer Night's Dream. I really enjoyed both of those so I'd suggest them.
3. I've got an (imaginary) teen here who hates reading and is going to fail school because of it. You get three shots at making them FALL IN LOVE with books. Which three (3) books do you choose?
Easy! Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins!
4. What is your #1 pet peeve that many authors do (and you wish they didn't)?
Making even the most interesting and unique of books into love stories as well. Ever type of genre I've read under young adult seems to have a love story tied into the rest of the story. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy it but once in a while I'd like a book that is more action than romance. Maybe a the story could have friends who don't fall in love or something work together???
5. Name your top reason for choosing whichever e-reader you have (i.e. Why Nook and not Kindle) OR your top reason for not owning an e-reader.
Well, I have a Kindle. Lets start with that. I choose a Kindle because It was more in my price range than the Nook (ok, technically it wasn't my price range, it was my uncle and grandma's price range since they got it for me for x-mas) and I just know more about the Kindle than the Nook so I went with the one I knew more about.
6. You get to pick a boyfriend out of characters in a book. Who's the lucky man that gets brought to life from the pages just for you?
JUST ONE?!?!?!?!? Uh.... Adam from The Secret Circle! :D
7. Which book character reminds you most of yourself?
Tris from Divergent. We both are Dauntless & Divergent!
8. What inspired the name of your book blog?
Well, I was actually reading out of my bible one day (and this was during the time I was going insane because I couldn't think of a name I could use for the blog) and I came across the verse that had Faith, Hope & Love in it and as soon as I read that the idea to change the words around and put books in the title instead of love came to mind. So originally the idea came from reading a verse in the bible but then after thinking about it it also relates to me in a different way. I've always help Hope that good things would come even in my darkest times, I have my Faith which I strongly believe in and when everything else in life failed, I knew I'd always have some good Books there to take my mind out of the real world for a few hours. So ya, that's how the title of my book blog came to be.
9. Do you write stories of your own too?
I do! I'm an aspiring writer. And while right now I'm just experimenting with my writing I know eventually I want to be a serious writer. I hope eventually to write some awesome Contemporary books (what can I say, I've been a lot better with being creative with real life situations).
10. What do you love most about your favorite genre?
Well, my fave genre is Dystopian right now, just a FYI for you guys. I love how even though a lot of dystopians have been coming out lately that each one is still unique and different in a way than the others.
11. What is a book that doesn't exist but you would love to read? (And is there a particular author whom you would like to see write it)?
Uh... I don't know. There's nothing I can think of right off the top of my head but if you gave me some more time I bet I could think of something. Lol.
I was also tagged by my friend Lis at The Reader Lines
1. Do you read for fun or to learn?
I definitely read for fun! I mean its funny. When I was in high school you would always see me walking around with a book (young adult) which I would be reading for fun but yet when I was assigned a book for class I never opened it unless it was in class. Lol. (Shows how good the school's required books we're, you couldn't even get someone who loves reading to want to read them.) Lol. So ya, definitely more for fun than for learning. Lol.
2. Who's your favorite author?
Oh gosh, I have a bunch of fave authors, it's hard to choose just one. But if I had to I'd choose Veronica Roth right now. I loved reading Divergent and I just love the way Veronica writes!
3. Which is the most hated book?
Well, I wouldn't exactly use the word hated for this but more like Strongly Disliked for it but Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. I really wanted to read this book but then when I got to it it was a huge let down. Don't get me wrong. The idea behind the book and the storyline was amazing but I didn't feel connected at all to the book or the characters. Not to mention the some of the characters seemed to formal and idk, the book just didn't do anything for me. But if any of you guys like the book I don't have anything against you. I guess you did feel connected to the book. Lol.
4. Which is the book you loved more or one of them?
Book love, oh this is simple. I cant put just one book though. I loved loved loved Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and as I've constantly stated in the past, I loved Divergent by Veronica Roth!
5. Have you cried over a book lately?
I haven't cried over an entire book but I've cried over certain parts of books that I've read recently. The most recent one would have to be Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey. If any of you have read it you'll totally understand what I'm talking about here. I cried when the IC tried to kill Alden for doing something that saved Lenzi's life. I mean how can you think that's right? I was tearing up until Lenzi talked to the IC about why Alden didn't deserve that.
6. What book would you like to be a part of?
Uh, hmm.... I can think of two. The first being Anna and the French Kiss. I'd love to go to school in Paris. I'm part french and I love anything dealing with France and Paris. I'm a sucker for it. Lol. And then Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'd love to get the badass training that all Dauntless initiates have to go through.
7. If the fictional boys were real, whom would you like to meet?
I'd love to meet Four from Divergent. :D
8. Reality books or fantasy books?
Uh... Idk. I love both. I love my fantasy books a lot but there's times when I need a piece of reality and I have to pick up a contemporary to get it.
9. Do you judge a book by it's cover?
I do and I really don't mean to. I'll be at the book store and the first thing I look at is the cover. If the cover catches my eye then I'll usually pick up the book and read the back or the inside flap. If the cover isn't as catchy it has to have a interesting title or I wont even notice it. What can I say? The cover and the title are what is going to catch the readers attention first if their just walking by it. If neither are interesting then that person will probably keep walking. Just saying.
10. What book would you like to become a movie?
Easy, Divergent by Veronica Roth. Do you know how awesome of a movie it would be? Especially with the ending! Ahhh!
11. Have you been disappointed by some book?
I have, The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling. Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy the book but I felt like it could have been more developed than it was, at least with the characters. That aside I really enjoyed the Celtic culture of the book!
And last but not least I was tagged by SarahO. @ Krazy Elf's Bookshelf
1. What is your favorite time period (romantic, victorian, contemporary etc.) to read and why?
I don't really have a fave though I tend to lean towards some more than others but I think stories in the Victorian time period are pretty interesting.
2. If you could have a dinner party of authors, alive or dead, who would you invite?
Stephanie Perkins, Veronica Roth and Scott Westerfeld.
3. Love Triangles or Love/Hate? Which characters are your favorite example of your choice?
Um... I'm gonna go with Love Triangles. Calla, Ren and Shay from the Nightshade series.
4. What is your comfort book?
Anna and the French Kiss!
5. If you could date a character who would it be?
Ahh. so many great choices for this. I'm gonna stick with my answer from above and say Adam from The Secret Circle.
6. Book series' or stand-alone books?
I really love series! Definitely series. Though I do love my stand alone novels in between!
7. It's the library book sale and the line is wrapped around the building. Which genre of books do you go to first?
Um. Under Young Adult, Dystopian! If not that then Contemporary
8. How do you organize your bookshelf? Title, genre, color etc.
I generally organize them by author and series but right now its all over because I only have one bookshelf at the moment and I have one shelf thats bigger than the other so I kind of have all my tall books on the bigger shelf and my smaller books on the smaller shelf. Lol.
9. In the event of an ice storm and all the electricity goes out and you only had enough candles to read from one book which would it be?
Uh... Divergent by Veronica Roth. What can I say. I love love love this book.
10. Which book would you like to see made into a movie?
Same answer as above. Divergent by Veronica Roth!
11. Vampires or Aliens?
Vampires, only because I have yet to read an alien book.
The blogs I'm tagging are:
Sam @ Books For All Seasons
Magan @ Rather Be Reading
Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books
Kristina @ Ladybug Storytime!
Mesa @ The Sagacity Quest
TayteH @ Reading In Paradise
Emily @ Falling For YA
Susanne @ A Reader in Time
Allie Rose @ Pages and Pomegranates
My questions for you guys to answer!
1. Ok, I have to repeat this question because it is a good one. What book characters most reminds you of yourself?
2. And the other amazing one I have to repeat. What inspired the name of your book blog? (I love hearing the stories about how the names came to be.)
3. Pick any book you enjoyed, now pick a song that you think fits the book well! Tell me what the book is and what song you think fits the book well!
4. What's the most recent book you've read and did you enjoy it/not enjoy it? Would you recommend it?
5. What has been your favorite part of having a book blog? (Has it been just that you have a place to share what you feel about a book or maybe that you've enjoyed making friends in the book blogging community. etc..)
6. What is your fave book, or fave series (because I know many of us enjoy an entire series over just one book in it)?
7. If you had to choose one; dystopian, paranormal or contemporary, what would you choose and why?
8. Do you have an e-reader? If so which one do you have and why do you like it? If not, why dont you and if you could have one, which would you choose?
9. What book are you most excited to read in 2012?
10. Just out of curiosity, how many books are currently on your TBR shelf (doesn't have to be just your physical bookshelf, I mean like all together on your Goodreads TBR, Lol)?
11. How do you feel about covers being redone in series that already have 1 or 2 books out already (ex. The Curse Workers Series by Holly Black, those covers were recently redone)?
If you guys answer the questions I'd love for you to comment and leave me the link to your answers. :)