My Soul To Save (Soul Screamers #2)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: December 29, 2009
Pages: 279
Source: Paperback/Library

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can't possibly understand.

Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk….

Review: I really enjoyed this book! It is a great sequel to My Soul To Take! I liked how Kaylee's dad is actually trying to be a father in this book, though, sometimes he seemed to be over doing it, like overcompensating for when he wasn't. I also liked how Nash's mom took on helping Kaylee learn more about her Bean Sidhe heritage and how to use and control her wail. It was nice seeing someone helping her understand everything instead of hide it from her. I also liked how Nash, even though he didn't exactly like or think any of Kaylee's ideas were safe, still went along with them just to keep her safe. It shows how much he really cares about her. Tod... Don't even get me started on him. I still can figure out how I feel about him besides that I think he can be nice when he wants to be.

Now, to the teens selling their souls. I cant believe a media company would make deals with people in the Netherworld to have teens sell their souls! That's so horrible! Not to mention how the hellions got the souls and what happened to the human after their soul was taken. Eewww. I'm glad, even though someone did suffer in the end, that Kaylee, Nash & Tod put a stop to the souls being sold, even if it is just temporary. I found the Netherworld interesting though. Not like with the hellions and whatnot, but how it was set up. Like how it looked a lot like the city they were in in the most populated places, and in the places that weren't so populated it was almost deserted in the Netherworld in that spot. I thought that was so interesting. I couldn't put this book down! I'm really enjoying this series and I cant wait to pick up the next book in it!

4 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)