Origin (Lux #4)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 27, 2013
Pages: 364
Format: Kindle/Own

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?


Review: I forgot how much I missed reading this series!!! Ahhh. So it's been ages since I read the first three books. So I read a nice recap to refresh myself on the first three books and dove into Origin and ahh. I missed this world. And so much happens in Origins! There are some major plot twists and mind-blowing secrets revealed. I was definitely not prepared for some of them. 

So let me start with Katy. Oh my god that poor girl. Daedalus has her and that is not fun. They literally keep looking at her like shes unstable or crazy for being pissed off that she's pretty much being held hostage. Like I'm sorry, who wouldn't be angry and fight back against the people holding her against her will?? Like she's perfectly sane being angry. The whole little situation with her being a hybrid literally has nothing to do with her being angry about being held. They got some nerve. And then the fact she was having to undergo a ton of blood tests, thorough exams, stress tests that no normal should have to be put through under any circumstances. Yeah. Katy had every right to be constantly upset and angry. 

Daemon. My boy Daemon right her. This guy is freaking selfless in this book. He freaking gives himself up to Daedalus and undergoes all kinds of special tests for his kind just so he can find and be with Katy. He does all this for her. And the stuff Daedalus puts him through is no cake walk either. Having to heal Katy from near death at the hands of their doctor as a freaking test. That's not even close to ok. Then having to turn a bunch of humans into hybrids just so they wouldn't do anything to Katy. These people are sick with what they did to Daemon and Katy. 

So lets pause right here and talk about Daedalus. I just can't with these people. They seriously think they are doing the right thing and that what they are doing is perfectly ok. Now I get them trying to prepare for a potential Luxen invasion, since they seemed to have solid information on that. But forcing taking a number of Luxen and hybrids that want nothing to do with them and forcing them to work with them and do stuff for them. Disgusting. If some Luxen and hybrids wanted to willingly work with them there's no issue, but taking people like Dawson and Beth and now Daemon and Katy, and making them work with you just to find strong Luxen. Not cool. At all. And then the whole thing with Project Prometheus, and the origin children, and the literal shutting down of Vegas trying to find Daemon and Katy. Seriously, these people are nuts. Even if they end up as allies in Opposition, I'm still gonna hold my ground regarding them being nuts with these things. Like seriously. They could help but they still have issues doing what they are. 

Guys, I can't get over how adorable Katy and Daemon are. These two are just perfect together. Daemon being so loving and protective. I love how concerned he was about Katy and all she went through. And I love how even though Katy went through so much, she was still super concerned about his well being as well. The amount of love and caring from these two. And what they did, even if it's technically not official because of the circumstances it happened under. My heart is overflowing with gush for these two. Like I can't. They are just perfect. 

Ok, before we touch on the ending, I have to bring this up. How freaking cool that Dee made Katy and Daemons alternate identities names from a book. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins to be precise. Like I read that and I was like I recognize those names. I just love how Dee has grown to know Katy so well to know that she'd be super touched by that. But guys, that ending. Freaking Matthew and what he did to everyone, what Daemon, Dawson, Dee and the other Luxen did, how Vegas was left after that showdown, Dawson's freaking mind-blowing revelation about Beth, the freaking LUXEN landing planet-side at the end. And Daemon, Dawson and Dee pretty much being forced to go to them. AHHHHHHHHH.

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)