Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Topic:
Books I Read While I Was In School

So I'm gonna start with Elementary up through High School. I'll just list some of the books/series I picked up while I was in school. So it kinda jumps from Elementary school reads to High School. I kinda had a lull in Middle School. 

1. The Heartland Series by Lauren Brooke - I loved these books in Elementary school. I was always checking them out and buying them from the book fairs.

2. The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin - The better question is who didn't read these as kids?? I was obsessed with these too! 

3. American Girls Series by Various Authors - So each girl had a different author write their stories. But I loved reading these too! 

4. Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne - Another favorite of mine! I loved all the fun stories this series had to offer.

5. The Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter - So this is one of my big high school reads! I started this series and was hooked!

6. The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer - So everyone was reading this my freshman year. EVERYONE. One of my friends got me hooked on these books. Unfortunately, I do not hold the same feelings towards it I one did, but I did read it in school. 

7. The House of Night Series by P.C. & Kristin Cast - So I got on this train when it was only 4 books. And I really enjoyed it back then. I just jumped off the train when it went past 8 books and stopped holding my interest. But I was big on it in high school. 

8. The Vampire Diaries Series by L.J. Smith - So I jumped on TVD train after reading Twilight and wanting more Vampire Diaries. I really loved this series up until the ghost writer took over. 

9. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare - Haha. Duh. I can't believe it was back in high school I started these. Man that seems like so long ago. And I still love all the Shadowhunter books!! 

10. The Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr - I remember finding this randomly and just falling in love with Fae books. This was my first taste of them and I loved it. This series was one of my big reads senior year along with the mortal instruments. 


20 comments:

  1. Once upon a time I adored the American Girl books. Or really, let's face it: I still do. :D Also, I'd really like to read the Ally Carter series as a kind of easy-enjoyable-don't-have-to-think read. Sometimes that's all I want from a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I loved them when I was in school! Yes! The Ally Carter books are such easy, fun, enjoyable books! I love them so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like books which were popular when I was a teen librarian. School related TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved The Babysitters Club growing up! It's such a nostalgic feeling when I see the covers. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I was so addicted to them! I could not get enough of The Babysitters Club books!

      Delete
  4. Ah I loved the Heartland books when I was a kid-I used to get them at Scholastic book fairs as well :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/28/top-ten-tuesday-174/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Ahhh. I was always so excited when I saw my school library or the book fair had the newest book in the series out. I absolutely loved the stories with Amy working with the horses!

      Delete
  5. I remember a few months where everybody in my high school was reading Dan Brown books. I didn’t read them until I graduated because I was rebellious and didn’t want to do what everyone else was doing.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA. This right here is me with Harry Potter. I still haven't read the books but it seemed like everyone else was all around me. I did start a bit of a trend with The Mortal Instruments and the House of Night series in high school. I started reading them, then suggesting them to my friends who read them, and it just started making its way around after that. LOL.

      Delete
  6. The American Girl books are cute.

    I'm finishing the third book in The Mortal Instruments series right now! It's literally open in front of me, LOL. Great series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Haha. Really?? That's so cool! I agree! I still need to read books 5 & 6 in the series.

      Delete
  7. I remember reading Kristy's Great Idea in school in third grade and thinking I was so grown-up because the characters were in middle school. I also liked some American Girl books, but was scarred by the Kirsten book where her friend died on the ship coming to America and refused to read anymore about her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I think I had read a few more of her books. I think I generally read a few of the books for each of the girls.

      Delete
  8. Thanks! Yes! Both are definitely some of my faves from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of the books in your post this week... All new ones to explore!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/08/top-ten-tuesday-back-to-schoollearning.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adored The Magic Tree House growing up! I think it's one of the only series I ever binge read as a child. And omg y'all are making me feel so old! I read the Twilight series when it came out but I was, um, no longer in school. XD

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Definitely one of my childhood faves!! Hahaha. If it helps, I read it at the end of my freshman year! LOL. If it makes you feel any better, I feel pretty old now seeing people just start reading all of Cassie Clare's books. LOL

      Delete
  11. When I read you list, I can't help think how old I am. I read the Wicked Lovely series, for some reason I was never really able to get into it or books about Fae. Great list this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. When I was adding my Elementary school books on it I was feeling old. Like damn, am I really about to be 25 now? And I read some of those when i was like 9. Wow. Lol. I know some people either love Fae books or hate Fae books. It all depends on the person. Nothing wrong with that. Thanks!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)