I'm so sorry I got this up late again. I just totally space writing it up this weekend. But it's here now!

Links:


My Thoughts While Rereading Unrest
  • I still felt incredibly heartbroken over the convoy of buses the group saw when they were on their way to Dugway. It was still so sad knowing that those people were gonna have what happened to Amber's/Tater's/Rylen's/Remy's families happen to them. And that they were too small of a group to even attempt to do anything about it. :(
  • I definitely wasn't as surprised over the questioning/body checking this time. It was explained why they had to do certain checks and all the survivors at Dugway being military or related to the military, it's no question why they were so thorough with every person that found their way there. 
  • Knowing all about what the Baelese planned on doing from book 3, I don't understand why they did what they did to all the human women. If their goal was to have the human society become like their society, how is making it where all the woman can't have children going to do that. You need to have kids to continue a population. Even one as deluded as their idea. You still need women to be able to have children and what they did goes completely against that. 
  • The whole thing with Tater and Remy I think bugged me more rereading this. They both were hurting over the loss of their families. But they both clearly wanted to be with the other. Tater was just so damn stubborn. He thought it would be better to be a jackass than talk about his loss or tell Remy how he really felt. If he didn't act so thickheaded in this book, they probably wouldn't have felt as miserable. 
  • Rylen still makes me want to bang my head against a wall. Don't get me wrong. I love Rylen. But damn dude. How do you not take the damn hints?? Amber was dropping them like there's no tomorrow and he still was stubborn and didn't get it. And then not even believing her when she flat out says what she feels. Just cuz she's drunk, even though she literally told him how she felt about him before. Girl ain't lying!!! That was like what?? The 3rd or 4th time since Unknown she told him how she felt and he just brushed it off. UGH!!! I don't understand why it took so long for him to accept it. Clearly Amber loves him despite everything he thinks about not being good enough.
  • Michael King. Despite really hating him the first read through, I softened towards him in this one. I hate what he did, but even he is horrified of what he had to do and I'm not as angry with the guy. It still sucks massively. But he had to survive the DRI too even if it meant doing something like that. 

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)