Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


So I know a lot of people love Victoria Schwab! I've yet to read a Victoria Schwab book. So I've been on the lookout for some when I've been at my used bookstore. I finally found one! Which happened to be the one I was hoping I'd find! I'm really excited to finally read a Victoria Schwab book and see why everyone seems to like her books! 

So this week I finished A Reaper At The Gates. OMG guys, seriously, that book gave me so many feels. A number of scenes broke my heart. But it was a great addition to the series! I also read The Rose Society, the second book in The Young Elites series for the read-along. Quite quite interesting. Much darker than I was expecting it to go, but really good. The third book was Mayfly, a dystopian book where everyone dies at 17. So children are running things. It was incredibly interesting. 

And now, I'm currently reading Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Guys.... Why did I wait so long to read this?!?! I'm only about 150 pages in so far but I'm LOVING it! I seriously regret waiting so long to read this! 

I did a thing this week guys. James took me to the tattoo place that really good on our side of town and I was able to talk to one of the tattoo artists and set up an appointment and put down a deposit to get my first tattoo! I'm so excited. I'll finally have a tattoo come August 21st! Haha. So yeah, the tattoo place on our side of town is good for a reason. Lol. They have amazing people working there and do amazing work. They get so much business that that's the earliest appointment I could get. But still! I'm excited. Yes, my tattoo will be book related. In fact, most of my tattoo ideas are book related. LOL. But this first one is going to be a quote. It's going to be on my shoulder. I'm so excited!!

Some other fun stuff. I'm now 3 books ahead on my Goodreads Reading Challenge! I'm thrilled that I'm keeping ahead now since I was behind the first half of the year! I reached 80 followers on the blogs Instagram! Since I only started it a little over a month ago, I'm pretty happy! You're more than welcome to follow me if you'd like! Lol. I share current reads throughout the week, books I buy, things I find interesting in books while I'm reading (quotes, maps, etc.). I'm currently posting things from Illuminae. :)

So this week I'm not gonna add the dystopia reading challenge and instead focus on the Read-Alongs since I posted for both June and July's!


I talked about the things I found really interesting in The Rose Society and a lot of thoughts about what I'm thinking about going into The Midnight Star!

So I finally got the info post up. I'm am really genuinely excited for this! I LOVE these books! If you wanna join, the kindle version of the books are pretty affordable (according to Amazon US). Unknown is $2.99, Unrest is $3.99, & Undone is $4.99! They are dystopian/sci-fi! I really really love this series! 

  • Review: Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
  • New Releases: Week of June 26, 2018
  • Review: King's Cage (Red Queen #3) by Victoria Aveyard
  • Review: The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3) by Marie Lu
  • The Young Elites Read-Along: Final Update & Wrap up

20 comments:

  1. Great haul. I've heard good things about This Savage Song.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me 2! I really hoping to love it when I read it! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh first tattoos are so exciting :)
    Check out my Sunday Post at Exclusory ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading This Savage Song and it's awesome so far! I hope you enjoy it whenever you get around to reading it!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? That's awesome! I really hoping I'll love it as well when I read it! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh yay for your first tattoo!! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Very!!! I can't wait for August to get here so I can officially have it!

      Delete
  5. Well yay for finding books you want. I got one of VE Schwab thru the Tor newsletter. They give away usually the first in the series each month, an older book normally. It's an ebook. This month was A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab. I'm also excited to try it. I got All Systems Red by Martha Wells a few months ago thru the same newsletter. Anyone can sign up. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I was super excited to find the particular book I was looking for! Very nice! I've heard good things about A Darker Shade of Magic as well. In fact, I've just heard great things about all her books to be honest. LOL.

      Delete
  6. I still have to read a Schwab too ;-). Looking forward to seeing your tat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm not the only one who hasn't read one! Lol. Yes! It will definitely be posted here when I get it! :D

      Delete
  7. So exciting about your tattoo! I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and his work is stunning but I've never been brave enough to go for it. Hope you post a pic once it's done (or when its healed). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Haha. I've been wanting a tattoo for years but I kept chickening out. So James is offering to pay for it and come with me when I get it. Since he already has a tattoo. Good moral support from the fiance!!! Lol. I'll definitely post a pic when its done!! :D

      Delete
  8. I hope you love This Savage Song! It’s not my favorite Schwab book, but I still liked it. I really liked Illuminae, too. Please share photos of your tattoo when you get it! Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hoping I like it! LOVE Illuminae! Finished it last night and it was amazeballs!! I definitely will! I'm so excited to get it and share it! :D Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  9. I'll have to check out A Reaper at the Gate...I want the feels! I don't have the courage to get a tattoo. I am to sissy for that. Have a great week!

    Mary my #Sunday Roundup #24!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! So many feels! Lol. I've totally been avoiding it for a while now, but I keep saying I want one so I'm finally keeping my nerve to get one! Have a great week as well! :)

      Delete
  10. I have heard such rad reviews about Illuminae from other bloggers but it is just not something I would read. I am glad you enjoyed it.


    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely amazing! That's ok though. I know everyone has certain books/genres they don't really read. I'm not big on contemporary novels. I read them on rare occasions when certain ones peak my interest. Despite there being such big followings for a lot of contemporary authors, I'm just not drawn to them like others are. But that's perfectly fine! As long as we are happy that others enjoy them, then there's no problem! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)