Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!




So yeah. I haven't read this series yet. I actually decided to buy a copy when I found it at my favorite used bookstore because I saw a bunch of Booktubers talk about it being one of their favorite dystopian series. So here it is! I'll be giving it a try soon! 


So as you can tell, a lot was posted this week! I got some great reading done so far as well! It's been Bout of Books week and I've been reading a lot. I've finished Glass Sword, Caraval, Legendary & The Art of French Kissing thus far (Saturday Morning). I'm feeling pretty good with my reading this week! I've already reviewed Glass Sword and Caraval. I have Legendary scheduled for the 28th, the day before it's release. And French Kissing's review date is still to be determined (probably sometime in this upcoming week).

So serious question of all of you that comment. I like talking to all of you! But knowing that I have the blogger/google comments on my blog which doesn't really allow for you guys to get notified if I reply unless you subscribed to the whole comment thread, I wanna know what you guys would prefer. Would you prefer I stick with the default blogger comment system or switch over to disqus so that way you could actually be notified when I reply and we can have actual conversations? 

I was gonna post a shot from our family pictures, but it just so happens, the big family picture is the one photo on the disc that's sideways and can't be rotated. So sorry guys. =(

This week I've been doing a lot of work on the Read-Alongs for the next two months! I'll have pictures and links down below! For June I'll be reading The Young Elites Trilogy by Marie Lu! All the books are under 400 pages so I thought we could definitely fit all three in the month! I also tweaked the July Read-Along. Instead of it being just Unknown by Wendy Higgins, I've decided to make it a read-along of all three books in that trilogy as well. I made this change based on a few of my personal friends actually reading it and going through all three books pretty quickly. Plus I know all the books are not super expensive for kindle, so it's an easy buy to get them all. I mean, I bought them all cuz they were affordable! =)

As always, there's plenty of time to sign up for the 2018 Dystopia Reading Challenge. And hey guys! Some of the read-alongs coming up happen to fall under the Dystopia genre! *wiggles eyebrows* 


Next we have the Read-Alongs! The sign-up/info post for June's The Young Elites read-along is live! If you have this trilogy sitting on your shelves, or just on your TBR, come join me! There's no better time than the present to get these books read and knock a few books off that crippling pile of TBR books! Picture links to the sign-up/info post! Make sure to share so other people can join the read-alongs as well! There's a nifty little twitter symbol under all posts and pages to make it easy to share! :)
Next is the July Read-Along! It will be the Unknown Trilogy by Wendy Higgins! I'll make the official sign-up/info post live at the beginning of June! Until then, I'll link this one to the Read-Along page where you can still find out more info before sign-ups for live! :)
I hope you guys join me! =)
  • Review of The Art of French Kissing by Brianna R. Shrum
  • Review of Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
  • Review of An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

16 comments:

  1. Ooooh dystopian book! It's actually been ages since I read a book in that genre. Still a favorite genre of mine, though. :)

    My STS

    Happy Reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I've actually been reading a lot this year. I've been in such a mood for them! :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your new book.
    And wow, so many read-alongs and challenges you are taking part in. All the best :)

    My STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/05/stacking-the-shelves-24/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes! Working on knocking some of those books of the TBR pile while helping others do the same! :) Always a good thing!

      Delete
  3. Being able to see your reply sounds good. I didn’t know that it doesn’t notify us who comment back with your reply. Hmmm. I am self hosted Wordpress, so I ask askimet, that blocks out spam, now I’m curious if it notifies you that I’ve replied. Must research that, I just assumed it did.

    Enjoy the new book and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with the Wordpress set up people have the option to check a box to get notified of replies. That's usually what I do on Wordpress blogs. Whereas the blogger one I think subscribes you to the entire comment thread. And spam is another big thing. I know Disqus deals with spam comments whereas even though blogger/google claims they do, they never do. I can't even tell you how many spam comments I've had to delete because the supposed filter doesn't ever work for me. I think the spam filter has over the lifetime of the blog only ever tagged like 2 comments as spam. And those weren't even spam. *shakes head*

      Thanks! I'm really hoping I'll like it since a lot of people have said its good! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Lots of good books you got this week! Hope you enjoy your week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like disqus more than the blogger comments which require you to use your google log in. Blogger doesn't work well on Safari for me (in regards to comments anyway!).
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny. If you asked me like 6 months ago which one I'd like better I would have said blogger. I despised Disqus. But since I've actually started using it a lot for comments on other blogs I've actually come to like it a lot more! Plus I like that if you don't straight up have a disqus log in that you can use a variety of other options. I feel kinda bad that in order for people to comment they have to have a google account right now. I mean, most people do have a google account in general, but I know not everyone prefers using it.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. For some reason I have a hard time getting into dystopian books, it seems to be a favorite and I hope you enjoy it. You had a busy week with posting, that is great.

    I also thought of switching to disqus, it seems easier to communicate with fellow blogs for follow-up comments. I've been okay with blogger comments and haven't any problems lately. Curious which you'll go with.

    Enjoy your week and your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my love for dystopian books comes from the fact that it was like several different dystopian series that pulled me into reading again. It just grew from that. Lol. YES!!!! I did!!! I'm so proud of myself for actually posting solidly this week! I've been trying to get ahead on reading so that way I can schedule reviews and have a consistent schedule. So far I'm doing good! I do have some availability this week, but I also have some scheduled reviews already too! And bonus, some are Netgalley books! Woot! :D

      I've had on an off issues with spam comments with the blogger one. Usually its fine, but it's like sometimes a ton of spam gets posted and the supposed spam filter doesn't catch a single bit of it. Yes! I know sometimes I'll get asked a question in the comments of things. I answer them of course but I know unless that person is already planning to come back and check if I answered, there's a fair chance they won't know I've replied and answered their question. Plus I like that when I'm notified of a reply I can then go comment again in reply to it if it warrants one. It helps create more discussion! I love that idea!

      Thanks! I'm hoping I'll enjoy it since so many people have said its a good one! :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Unwind, so I hope you like it, too. I’ve thought about switching to Disqus, but so far I’ve been too lazy. I don’t mind Blogger’s comment system. It works. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! I've seriously heard nothing but amazing things about it! I'm so excited to see why people love it! :D

      I don't mind bloggers either, I just wish it had a better way to be able to find out when people reply. I do have issues with spam sometimes though that blogger sucks at. The spam filter never seems to catch actual spam but yet tags normal perfectly fine comments as such. I'd like to hope if I switch to disqus it would actually catch the spam that goes through. Have a great week yourself!

      Delete
  8. Wow! So many amazing books in your recap. I have wanted to start the Shatter Me series for the longest time, and it's even sitting on my Kindle. I just haven't had the time to pick it up. Eager to go check out your review of it :)

    Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely check it out! I love the Shatter Me series so much! It honestly is one of my overall favorites! I suggest it to everyone I can. Lol. :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)