Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!



So I just happened to stumble across Opposition while at the bookstore and am really excited. I love the Lux series. I stopped at book 4 because I was getting impatient reading one and waiting again for more books. LOL. But since I finally got a copy of #5 I'll probably finish the series this year! And even though I'm not even close to #9 in the Saxon Stories series I had to pick it up. The hardcover was in the clearance section of Barnes & Noble for only $6. That's a good price for a hardcover! 


So I got a surprise on Tuesday! I got an email from one of the publicists at St. Martins giving me some material to share for Sky In The Deeps release! I was incredibly excited and ended up with a wonderful Q & A post about Sky In The Deep for you guys to read. Make sure to stop by and check it out!

I also finished Red Queen. I jumped ahead in the read-along a bit. I finished it right at the start of week 4. Lol. But overall, not bad. Feel free to read my thoughts in both my wrap up post and my review!

I also finished up with the drop down menus this week! You'll notice I moved certain things to different areas, added a features menu to easily find certain things I host, like read-alongs or reoccurring things on the blog. And I even gave the Dystopia Reading Challenge it's own spot in the menus finally! Made it easier to find! :) Also, I added a button to my sidebar linking to Shirley's Book Blogger List. Shirley has been awesome enough to start making a newer list of active book bloggers. Which is awesome since most of the lists I used to know of haven't been updated in ages. If you want yours included send her an email or add yours to the twitter thread (if you follow me on twitter, you can find the thread retweeted on my page). 

I decided I wanted to make an Instagram solely for the blog instead of combining it with my personal. Well, I tried to make an account and found out some a-hole jacked my blogs email for an account and then I think deactivated it. So I ended up having to submit a report to get my email back and whatever account that jacked it removed. I did it!! I have my email back for MY use now and I'll be setting up an Instagram for the blog this weekend. The support people at Instagram were incredibly helpful in getting this taken care of in a timely manner. 

I also helped James set up a Goodreads account. And I'm already regretting it. LOL. I did it because he's always like "do I have this?" when we're book shopping and I figured making him a shelf entitled owned books would help with that. Lol. Well, as I'm helping him put all his books in, he stumbles upon a recommendation from a book he's currently reading. He stumbled upon a series of over 10 books. And it sounded so good he bought the first book for his kindle already! LOL. He's had an account for 3 days and it's already encouraged him to buy more books. 

As always, there's plenty of time to join the Dystopia Reading Challenge! I'd love to have you guys join me! :)


As the Red Queen read-along is drawing to a close, I want to put the next one on your radar. And in all seriousness, I absolutely love the next read-along book and want to share my love of it with anyone who will take it!!! It'll be in July. I have some information available for it on the read-along page and will add more as it gets closer. Also, as many people have expressed interest in wanting to participate in other read-alongs I'll host already, I've added an interest sheet to the read-along page for those wanting to participate in Unknown. Filling it out will let me be able to let you know when official read-along posts for Unknown go up! Image will link to the read-along page! I'll make interest forms for all read-alongs I host in the future so anyone wanting to participate can get their interest in as soon as possible.:)


UPDATE: In regards to read-alongs, I'd love to host some more often. I really enjoy reading books with others and also find it encourages me to read! :) If you have some books you'd love to see in a read-along, please let me know in the comments! I have a lot of books on my TBR and I have no doubt there's plenty others haven't read as well. Once I get some suggestions I can totally plan more read-alongs for everyone to participate in! :)


  • Review of Burn (Pure #3) by Julianna Baggott
  • Review of Furyborn (The Empirium Trilogy #1) by Claire LeGrand
  • April Wrap-Up & May TBR
  • 2018 Dystopia Reading Challenge: May Link-Up

8 comments:

  1. Brittani do you not do the readalong monthly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at the moment. I was thinking about how I'd like to host more since I found it really enjoyable and very encouraging to read Red Queen with others. But I definitely wanna take into consideration books my followers would like to read as well! So if you have a few book suggestions let me know! Maybe once I get a small list started of books people would like to read I'll plan monthly ones based off it! :) I actually think it'd be fun to do monthly ones once I get some suggestions in!

      Delete
  2. I recently read a book from the Lux series, and my goal is to read the rest this year.
    Enjoy your books!

    Here is My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so into them when they were first coming out, then I was waiting for #4 and just didn't finish them. My goal is to finish the series this year as well!! :)

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry for the issues with Instagram. What a pain! Glad you got it worked out!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I've seriously NEVER had an issue before where someone used any of my emails for things, especially the blogs email. The only things its ever been used for is stuff related to this blog. So I was shocked. The people at Instagram were great though and got it dealt with in less than a day. Props to them!

      Delete
  4. How did I not know that you were hosting a Dystopia Reading Challenge?? That was one of the ones didn't get renewed by the blog that was hosting last year. Yes, I'm joining! Better late than never :)

    I wish, too, that I had known about the Red Queen read-a-long. I have that on audio, and it's waiting to be listened to.

    I have a few books in the Lux series but haven't started it yet. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Yes! I joined last years in October, so the better late than never definitely works! :) Probably because I ended up taking it over like right at the beginning of January! Lol. I didn't even realize it wasn't going to be continued at Cornerfolds until around Christmas Day. So I took it over right at the beginning of the new year when most challenges already had sign ups going for a while.

      Awww. Well I'll try and get news out faster and earlier about any read-alongs coming up so it can reach more people! :)

      I read up to book 3 I have 4 and 5 now but just haven't finished the series yet. Thanks! You too!! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)