Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Topic:
Favorite Book Quotes

1. “Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.” - Delirium by Lauren Oliver

2. “For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

3. “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” - Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

4. “I love the person I am with you. You recognize somebody in me who I want to be, who I wish I were, and I am him when I am around you.” - The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin

5. “The heart loves without boundaries. It is the mind that can trap the heart with cages constructed by society’s rules.” - Siege by Rhiannon Frater

6. “Sometimes the best way to find out what you’re supposed to do is by doing the thing you’re not supposed to do.” - Just One Day by Gayle Forman

7. “There’s a difference between losing something you knew you had and losing something you discovered you had. One is a disappointment. The other feels like losing a piece of yourself.” - Just One Year by Gayle Forman

8. “It's not the changes that will break your heart; it's that tug of familiarity.” - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

9. “It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the thing you do with it. You are beautiful.” - The Host by Stephenie Meyer

10. “We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” - Divergent by Veronica Roth

3 comments:

  1. I love that Daughter of Smoke and Bone quote!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/03/06/top-ten-tuesday-149/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a really good read.
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! I loved that quote from Anna and the French Kiss though I still have to read this book :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)