Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


So these were the books I bought from the 3 for $30 sale Barnes & Noble had. I'm so excited! Especially since American Panda and Everless just came out this year. Hardcovers for $10 bucks each! Score!!! I'm so so ready to read these!!! :D

The Madness Underneath is one of the other books James bought me that came in this week. And the other 3 I found at my used bookstore. 


Thanks to NetGalley & Albert Whitman & Company! I'm definitely excited to read this! 


So first up in bookish news. The title for Marissa Meyer's sequel to Renegades was revealed! It's.... Archenemies!!! I shared the video of Marissa making the announcement to the blogs FB page if you wanna go watch it! 

Also, I wanna give a shout out to all of you who have recently followed my blog and followed me on Twitter. I see you guys! And I really appreciate you guys!!! :D It really makes blogging worth while when you see new people following you cuz they like what you post! :) 

If you guys noticed, I changed my graphics some. While I liked the water, I decided I wanted something a little simpler to better show the wording. So I went with one of my alternate backgrounds for it and I like it. 

So off the blog. James suffered the misfortune I had 2 weeks ago. He got a really bad migraine Thursday and its finally subsiding today. Poor guy. He was in so much pain. He spent most of his time napping or cuddled up to me getting back-rubs since they helped him relax and make the pain dull some. 

Also, little Ana had an appointment with her doctor Thursday. She has an issue with her eyes. One tends to look in while the other looks out normally. We got a referral to an optometrist. Its looking like she might need glasses to fix the issue. We'll find out more on Tuesday after seeing the eye doctor. 

On the good side of things though, James talked to his supervisor about wanting to transfer from a mail carrier to a mail clerk. And boss man seems to be all for it. They are short clerks at his post office so I think his supervisor is extremely grateful someone from within wants to transfer into one of the open clerk positions rather than trying to hire brand new ones. So its not official yet (supervisor needs to talk to the postmaster), but his supervisor is working on it and in the meantime is scheduling him extra hours doing clerk stuff when he's not scheduled to be a carrier so he can get some experience before he's officially switched. This is such a great opportunity for him though. With the extra practice he's been getting he says he's already feeling less stressed doing clerk stuff rather than delivering mail and overall he'll get more hours. Right now being a sub mail carrier he only gets 8 hours guaranteed each week. Being a clerk he's already been told he'll end up working at least 30 hours. So this is also really gonna help our financial situation as well. 


As normal. There's still lots of time to sign up for the Dystopia Reading Challenge! I'd love to have you guys join! The March Link-Up will go up Monday, and the First Quarter Update will go up on the 15th of this month. I'll keep that open for a month as well so if you join late you still have plenty of time to link up. And if you do join, your totally allowed to use and link-up any dystopian books you've read since the beginning of the year. :) 


Also, in regards to the challenge. The winning book for next months read-along is.... Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard!!!


So if you wanna participate, make sure to get yourselves a copy before April 2nd (since the 1st is Easter and I'm sure people will be celebrating) if you don't have one!! I'll be posting more info and a link-up for those who plan to participate this upcoming week! So be on the look out for that! I'm excited guys! I haven't read Red Queen yet so I'll be getting to enjoy it for the first time during the read-along as well!!! :)


  • Review of Just One Year (Just One Day #2) by Gayle Forman - I finished this the 1st but didn't have time to get my review up before this. 
  • Review of SINdicate (The New Lyons Sequence #2) by J.T. Nicholas
  • Review of American Panda by Gloria Chao
  • 2018 Dystopia Reading Challenge March Link-Up
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard Read-Along Info & Sign-Up

A question for all of you. 

What types of things would you like to see on the blog? 
I've thought about doing discussions or blogging tips or seeing if there's fun activities that others would be interested in. Is there anything you'd like to see blogged about? Or if you have discussion ideas you'd love to see discussed, let me know! I wanna talk about things my followers are interested in seeing! :)

17 comments:

  1. Sorry about James. I hope he feels better! Lots of great books you got this week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far today he seems to be doing better. So hopefully that keeps going!

      Delete
  2. I have yet to read Renegades although I got the book a couple of months ago!
    Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I got Renegades for Christmas but I've been so distracted by other books I haven't read it yet! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I hope you like Julie's books. I enjoyed the series! I am riding out the storm that took out our power at a friends. So surreal looking at all the downed trees and power lines cut in half. They say we won't have power to our area till Wednesday!! Have a good Sunday!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Julie's books! I can't wait to finally finish this series! Wow! I heard about those storms. Good luck getting your power back on! Thanks! You too!

      Delete
  4. Good luck to James on his career switch. I hope it all works out for you! I read Red Queen a while ago and liked it well enough. Hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it works out as well! I think it'll be better for him stress wise so maybe he'll feel a bit better after the switch! I hope I enjoy it too! I've heard lots of good things about the series so I'm looking forward to finally seeing what the hype is all about!

      Delete
  5. I love the cover of American Panda, it's so nice to be seeing people who aren't white girls on covers now and I hope the trend continues. That's on my TBR as well as Renegades, so I'm excited that has a sequel!

    Vee @ Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me 2! Its amazing! Definitely! I think diversity of who is shown on covers is important! We read about all these diverse characters, but rarely see them on covers. I'm pretty excited it has a sequel as well! I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy Renegades from the sound of it so it's nice knowing there's gonna be more story!

      Delete
  6. Hope James gets some great news about transferring soon. Sorry to hear that he and your Ana have been having some health issues though. Hopefully the glasses help her. Enjoy the new books and you week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me 2! We're hoping by the end of the month since one of the clerks he would need to train with is leaving at the end of May. Its ok. We think Ana gets her eye issues from James side of the family. He wears glasses/contacts as well, so it just looks like she got his genes when it came to vision as well. I really hope glasses help as well! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Good look on the job switching. I got Ignite the Stars and hope we both enjoy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely hope we both like it! It sounds pretty good! You too!

      Delete
  8. The Last Kingdom is such a great book! I was devouring the series, but then I had to wait for one to come out, and kind of fell off. I need to get back into it, though. I can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah? I haven't actually known someone whose read it yet! I'm really looking forward to it! James likes Cornwell's Sharpe's series so he was picking up the next book he needs for that when I spotted The Last Kingdom and read its description and thought it sounded good!

      Delete
  9. Agreed! It's hard to pick what I should read first!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)