Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!



I got all these on sale on Amazon for under $5 bucks a few days ago. 


First of all, Happy New Year!! I hope this is a good year for all of us!

If you've noticed, I've changed the look of the blog again. This time I gave in a bought a theme I really like. Obviously I kept changing it last year and even though I found some nice looking themes. I wasn't 100% satisfied with the look of the blog. I just couldn't hit on exactly what I wanted the look to be with the free blogger themes. I am incredibly satisfied now! I love the look, how its given the blog a fresh, cleaner look and isn't overwhelming with background pictures and colors! I'll definitely be keeping this for a while! 

Also, I've been working on some graphics to make posts like this look neater and clearer about which section is which. I really like them. Can you tell I'm subtly incorporating my love of hockey into something on the blog?? I also think its super cute that the background I found (free use btw) is water, which totally fits my favorite team (San Jose Sharks)! Score!! 

*Also, as a side note, when I first started the blog in 2011, I made it on a different account/email before I had set up hopefaithbooks@gmail.com. I started the process this week of transferring the actual blog to its email so don't be alarmed if some of the pictures don't work. I just have to reupload them. I'm trying to make it as seemless as possible by not taking off my other account (both the original account and hopefaithbooks@gmail.com are active admins for it at the moment) until I've reuploaded all the pictures from hopefaithbooks.*

So the other half of my posts this week belong in a category them self. So the other half of my posts are below. 


So I'm excited to announce, the Dystopia Reading Challenge has moved here, to Hope, Faith & Books for 2018 (and possibly beyond if I enjoy it like I think I will). I messaged Tracy at Cornerfolds on December 31st inquiring if anyone had taken it over from her yet, and since no one had, I offered. I love dystopian books so I'm pretty excited to host the challenge! 

So if your interested please sign up! I have the sign up/info post above, and the button right here also takes you to the sign up post. I would love to have you do the challenge with me! And please share with anyone else who would like to do it or has done it in the past. The best way to get the word out that its moved to a new home is through sharing! I have some fun stuff planned for this year, including some giveaways and read-a-longs! And I'm totally open to any other fun ideas participants might have to suggest! I hope you join me! :D

In related news, while the read-a-longs I'm doing are dystopian books for the challenge, I will open the read-a-longs themselves to any other bloggers that want to participate for fun if they wanna read or reread the book with us! With that in mind, the first read-a-long will be in April, so vote in the poll on my sidebar for which book you'd like to read for it!

Review of SINthetic (The New Lyons Sequence #1) by J.T. Nicholas
Review of The Last Girl on Earth by Alexandra Blogier
Review of Breaking The Ice (Juniper Falls #2) by Julie Cross

8 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read the Melina Marchetta one for ages, I hear such good things. Hope you enjoy the new books!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog makeover. My blog needs one badly, but I’m too lazy. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep intending to read Finnikin of The Rock! :-) I hope that you love these books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on taking over the Dystopia Challenge! I did that one last year and it was fun.

    Hope the new books are good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul. I hope you enjoy all those books :)

    Great work on your blog. I like your theme. I am also never satisfied with my theme but I guess it is at better position now :) Happy reading!

    MY STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/01/stacking-shelves-14-first-book-haul-2018/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adored The Shadow Queen and hope you do too. Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are enjoying updating and creating for your blog. I love messing around with graphics and layouts and stuff. I have a theme I love, but it affords me lots of personalization options so I still get to play around when I feel the urge to do so!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul. I like the cover for The Assassin's Blade. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)