Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!

Mailbox Monday is hosted on its own site. It is there to show off the books acquired during the week!

Sorry for this going up late, thanks to Comcast, our internet was out from about 3PM Friday until about 9PM Saturday (today). Ugh! 

No new books this week. 

Weekly Recap:
Sorry for being completely absent this week. With Thanksgiving I was incredibly busy. I spent the entirety of Monday and Tuesday deep cleaning the apartment. And then Wednesday me and the fiance were baking pies for Thanksgiving. Here's a pic of my daughter helping me make pudding for the chocolate cream pie. 


However, Wednesday night, we did get a small break from preparations. We went to our first hockey game!!! The San Jose Sharks (our team) vs. the Arizona Coyotes (the state we live in's team). OMG! It was fantastic! And the Sharks won!!!! It was such an incredible experience! And we even met some other awesome Sharks fans despite being in the Coyote Den. Lol. I'll post a few photos below. 

Here's us all smiles cuz our team is leading!

During a play.

The Sharks high fiving each other after winning the game!

In other news, we finally got rid of my temperamental car, aka, our second car.  Lets just say we were done with fixing it. We bought it for $2,300 used. Ended up having to put over $4,500 worth of fixes in it in the year and a half we've had it. And it still was giving us problems. We were just done fixing it. SO we brought it to Carmax and sold it. No longer a worry for us and now we have extra money for Christmas. 

Speaking of Christmas though, we've been decorating! I got the lights around the apartment up. We put the Christmas tree up yesterday, and we actually scored some great deals on Christmas gifts! We found Paw Patrol and Thomas & Friends DVDs in a clearance bin at Walmart. :D My daughter loves those so that was a super score for gifts! I'll post a pic of our tree below. 

Christmas tree! Hey look! Sweet little Brodie has made an appearance! Lol. He loves the tree. He hasn't tried tearing it down. But he absolutely loves laying underneath it! We call him Christmas kitty cuz of it right now. Lol. 

Upcoming:
Everything I mentioned last week. Lol. Since I didn't get to that stuff this past week, I'll be working on it this week. Stay tuned! 

5 comments:

  1. Ah your daughter is a cutie helping out with the cooking. I loved when my children helped cook when they were young, great bonding time. Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, your daughter is precious. You have a little helper. :) The pics of the hockey game look fun. I haven't ever been to one. Enjoy your upcoming week.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hockey game sounds fun. And how awesome that your team one! ;)
    I’m loving your Christmas tree. Very pretty.
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy is as busy does! Thanksgiving is such a fun but exhausting holiday, for the ones cooking. Your daughter is adorable. Too bad your internet was out, but hopefully everything has been straightened out. Happy reading!

    Have a fabulous week. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I used to go to Avalanche games a few times a year, but I haven’t gone in a long time. I kind of miss it. Tickets were expensive, but it was a lot of fun.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)