Goliath (Leviathan #3)
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: September 20, 2011
Pages: 543
Source: Hardcover/Library

Alek and Deryn are aboard the Leviathan when the ship is ordered to pick up an unusual passenger. This brilliant, maniacal inventor claims to have a weapon called Goliath. it can end the war. But whose side is the inventor really on? While on their top-secret mission, Alek finally discovers Deryn's deeply kept secret. Not only is Deryn a girl disguised as a boy ... she also has feelings for Alek. The crown, true love with a commoner, and the destruction of a great city all hang on Alek's next and final move. The thunderous conclusion to Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan series.

Review: I thought this was a great ending to the series! I read this book in half a day it was so good. I cant believe the passenger they had to pick up. I was like seriously shocked when we found out who they were picking up. I mean s if they hadnt gone through enough with all that happened in the Ottoman Empire and then they have to pick up this specific passenger! I mean if I was one of the people on board the Leviathan when they found out who exactly they were picking up I could definitely seeing the words "are you kidding me" or "wth" running through their minds. Not to mention how because of him they ended up going through a bunch of stuff, like going to America, and getting attacked when they wouldn have had to if they didnt have to pick up that passenger. Who knew one guy could cause so much trouble?!?!

Alek learned Deryn's secret!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! And he kind of figured it out on his own, with help thanks to a newspaper article. I cant believe how he handled it at first, I mean, ya, she lied about being a girl but other than that she was a great friend and mostly truthful with him. Just because she was a girl shouldnt have changed that. I was very happy closer to the end when he realized that! OMG! There was so much action at the end! Stopping Goliath from being used, stopping the Germans from an attack on Goliath!!! AHHH! Just so much happening. I must say though, I was very satisfied with the ending! Especially with what Alek decided to do about being the heir to the throne and with how things ended for him and Deryn!!

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)