Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely #4)
Author: Melissa Marr
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: April 20, 2010
Pages: 340
Source: Hardcover/Own

Hunger for nourishment.
Hunger for touch.


Hunger to belong.
Half-human and half-faery, Ani is driven by her hungers.


Those same appetites also attract powerful enemies and uncertain allies, including Devlin. He was created as an assassin and is brother to the faeries' coolly logical High Queen and to her chaotic twin, the embodiment of War. Devlin wants to keep Ani safe from his sisters, knowing that if he fails, he will be the instrument of Ani's death.


Ani isn't one to be guarded while others fight battles for her, though. She has the courage to protect herself and the ability to alter Devlin's plans—and his life. The two are drawn together, each with reason to fear the other and to fear
for one another. But as they grow closer, a larger threat imperils the whole of Faerie. Will saving the faery realm mean losing each other?

Alluring romance, heart-stopping danger, and sinister intrigue combine in the penultimate volume of Melissa Marr's
New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series.

Review: So Radiant Shadows is by far my fave books out of the Wicked Lovely Series. I mean don't get me wrong, the rest of the series is great too I'm just in love with this one the most. It was very detailed and with that you could picture what was happening. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I also love this cover the most out of the entire series. Its so beautiful with Ani on it. I also love the title. Its very creative and yet very pretty at the same time.

I really enjoyed how it was from Ani & Devlins points of view. You never really got to know a lot about them and with this book being from their point of view you learned a lot about them. I loved hearing about Ani's struggle with her hunger for emotions with her faery blood consuming her human blood. I also loved reading Devlins struggle with protecting Ani while wondering why he is feeling emotions when he never has before. It made a beautiful story. I was always a fan of Ani even in the other books even with how little we knew about her. I liked the fact that her dad was overprotective of her even though it got annoying at some points. I also liked how willing the Dark Court was to let Ani go on the run for a while after finding out what Bananach was up to. Devlin... I didn't really become a fan of Devlin until I learned of what he didn't do and the lengths he went to to protect Ani. Idk... It was just something about him being the High Courts Assassin that turned me off at first. Lol. So I loved the whole Ani & Devlin story, with Devlin finding out he can have feelings and Ani starting to learn to control her hunger for emotions. I also loved how through all the hardship they discovered how much they really didn't want to lose each other. Also, I loved how Devlin started to question his loyalties after discovering he does have feelings. That made things more interesting... Especially at the end confronting Sorcha about balancing the High Court.

Now, closer to the end of the book is where things really started becoming sad for me. After finding out what Bananach did to Ani's sister Tish I really wanted to cry. That was such a sad moment in the book. Lets state it for the record. I hate Bananach! Lol. Also, all the drama with Sorcha missing Seth and causing Faerie to fall to pieces during her sleep was fairly interesting too. Lets state it right now, Sorcha had some serious issues. Seth had only left for a short while before she fell apart even though she knew he was going to come back. I really hated that this was what Ani & Devlin had to come home to. But it did give way to an amazing ending!
I really really loved this book. As I said before, its by far my fave out of the Wicked Lovely series. I would definitely recommend this book to others, along with the whole series. 


1 comment:

  1. That sounds pretty interesting. I really should give Wicked Lovely another go. Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind the last time I tried to read it? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)