Fallen (Fallen #1)
Author: Lauren Kate
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: December 8, 2009
Pages: 452
Source: Hardcover/Own

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


Review: Ok, so right off I'm gonna admit it, The cover of this book made me pick it up. Its so beautiful and it pulled me toward it. Then after I read the synopsis I decided to get it. Now, like many others I also have the complain that it started out slow and was kind of boring at the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I love this book. It just started out slow. The details and interest in what was going to happen kept me reading though. I was one who desperately wanted to know what Daniel was hiding. 

Sword & Cross... I got really depressed every time we heard a description of that place. Its sounds so depressing!!! I did like how descriptive Lauren Kate was however. Even though it was depressing to hear and think about Sword & Cross I liked how the descriptions gave you a clear picture of the place. 

The whole thing with Luce feeling like she knew Daniel even though she never met him and her whole thing with the "shadows" was interesting. It kept me reading, even when it was a little slow the small pieces of info you found out even in those parts made you wanna keep reading. I also found the fact that Luce was grouped together on a piece of paper in the files with Cam, Daniel, Arriane, Gabbe and the others interesting. What did she have in common with any of them? I also found the fact that there was such little info on Daniel when Luce and Penn went investigating interesting. And while we are on the subject of Penn I really liked her. She was an awesome friend to Luce. There was so many questions I was asking myself while reading when we found out another piece of info. It kept me hooked because I so badly wanted those questions answered. 

The end... OMG! I was totally not expecting what went down in the end. It was like *BOOM* sudden and intense action scene. It was a great ending. I was sad however with one of the people who died and who turned out to be on what side and who suddenly turned out to be not what was expected. It definitely sets up so much for Torment though. 

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to others. :)

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)