Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely #2)
Author: Melissa Marr
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: May 1, 2008
Pages: 325
Source: Paperback/Own

To 17-year-old Leslie, the tattoo is a thing of indescribable beauty, a captivating mark that she must make her own. But this subtle web of eyes and wings brings with it a transformation that no sweet young girl would ever imagine or welcome. Like its predecessor, this stand-alone sequel to Wicked Lovely plunges its youthful heroine into a faery world of almost constant peril. A tantalizing urban fantasy that won't let go.

Review: Well, I really liked this one. I liked getting to know the Dark Court more and I kind of enjoyed the darker side of things. What can I say? I'm a fan of reading dark things sometimes. So Ink Exchange's main characters are Leslie (one of Aislinns friends), Niall and Irial. I really enjoyed getting to know all of them more. In Wicked Lovely you didn't really get to know any of them so it was nice. You didn't realize how bad Leslie's life really was at home until you got to read this book. I was shocked at it and after reading about it I could understand why she wanted to get her tattoo. I also liked getting to know Niall more, especially how he got that scar! I also liked how he cared and protected Leslie so much. When I first started reading the book I didn't think that was gonna happen. Irial, gosh I just dont know what to say about him. I had mixed emotions about him throughout the book.

The Dark Court. I thought it was interesting the whole thing with the tattoos. Certain inks having Irials blood in them to bind that person to the dark court. I really didn't like the affect it had on Leslie though. She struggled so much being linked to the Dark Court and it really affected her from the girl you got to know in the beginning. All she wanted was a tattoo and a little change in her life. Not to be part of a faery court, let alone one that feeds off of her emotions at that. In all honesty I really didnt like the Dark Court much in the beginning after some of the things i read but as the story went on I softened up to it a little. 

I loved what Niall did at the end to help Leslie get free of the Dark Court. He went to both the Summer and Winter courts to ask for help in removing Irials blood from the ink. He tried so hard to protect her and even then he still needed help to finally be able to set her free. I don't blame Leslie for deciding to move after all she went through.

I would definitely recommend this to others especially if you liked the first book in the series. It shows you the side of another court and lets you get to know characters you only heard about as friends in the previous book. It also has great detail and it pulls you in and keeps you interested. :)

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)