Just For Fins (Fins #3)
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Publication Date: July 3, 2012
Pages: 272
Source: Hardcover/Library

When Lily Sanderson decided to remain Crown Princess Waterlily of the mermaid kingdom Thalassinia, she knew she couldn’t just coast along in the current. But since she’s spent the last couple of years on land—with gorgeous human Quince by her side—Lily’s not sure she has the fins to lead a kingdom. Even her maddeningly pretentious cousin Dosinia seems to know more about ruling than she does.

But Lily has to dive in deep to keep her promise to Tellin, her mer bond in name only, whose kingdom is suffering in the changing ocean climate. Lily knows this is a seven seas–sized problem: from sea animals dying to oil spills and threats to humans. They’ll need to create some serious waves to make the mer community aware and get it to join together to make things right. Even if that means facing one of the iciest queens in the mer kingdoms.

Just when Lily thinks her double life on land and sea can’t get any more complicated, an ancient mer law might separate Lily and Quince after all. It feels as if the pair is up against a solid tsunami wave!

In this third installment in the series that began with Forgive My Fins and Fins Are Forever, Lily will have to find a way to balance safety and justice for the mer people as well as for the humans she loves.


*A little spoilerly, but not much. Mostly near the end. Fair warning*

Review: I seriously think this is my fave book out of the series! Just like both others it was a fast, great read! I wanna address what I loved the most about this book though. Lily, Doe and even some minor characters you haven't seen much of all matured in this book. They decided that helping fix the environmental issues within their kingdoms was more important than their attitudes and causing drama. It was really refreshing to see after all the drama and chaos certain characters had caused in the past. I was most surprised with Doe though! After bonding with Brody in the previous book she started taking things seriously. She started trying to help her cousin instead of find ways to make her life miserable. She even got praise from her Uncle (The king of Thalassinia, Lily's dad) for what she was doing. That was a HUGE! It really showed her maturity. I mean it was only a little while back that she was banned from the water for trying to hurt humans. Then in this book she not only helps Lily, in whatever way she needs help, but she's also helping Lily save the humans from what some of the merfolk were trying to do to them! I was seriously so proud of Doe and her maturity! I went from being annoyed to death by her in the previous books to actually really liking her by the end of this book. 

I must say I was shocked by just how many problems each mer kingdom had, though not exactly surprising. I just didn't think each kingdom would have so many. What was shocking was that they were so unwilling to work with each other and help each other out at first. What was even more shocking was this plan that was set in motion to sabotage humans! Yes, they are doing things to hurt your waters and your kingdoms, but do they even know your down there? No. They just think the ocean is full of little fish, not full of mermaids. It was definitely the wrong idea to try and hurt the humans instead of working with the other mer kingdoms to solve the problem. I was very glad that they sorted it all out and decided to start working together at the end of the book. I was shocked though about the one Queen's plan to let the humans find them and reveal their secret. That probably would have ended up really badly, so I'm glad Lily was able to stop that as well!

Quince and Lily! I don't think I've gushed enough about these two yet in my past reviews! I love love love these two, like no joke. They are such a cute couple! I love them together! I felt for Quince during this book. Having to be put through the Trials just to be able to be with Lily without and Ancient Merlaws getting in the way. That boy truly loves Lily because he did whatever possible to complete and pass those tests just so he could be with her. And those two, they were willing to give up whatever they had to just to be able to be together. I was so glad to see a happy ending for them! They deserve it! And I was seriously laughing at the very end at how overly excited Quince was to get his merpowers and a tail fin! It was too dang cute!!! :)


5 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwww Quince gets to be a merman! That's a total spoiler, but I love it! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doe's changes were gigantic, and I loved it so much! This whole series is great and fun. Quince seems like he would be such a goofy fun person in realy life and I loved the way the book ended. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)