TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by Dani@RefractedLight, Anayami@Whatever You Can Still Betray & April@Books4Juliet.

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.


Here are the rules:  

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).

2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.

3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.

4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.

Last weeks TBR book:
Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins

I love love loved this book!!! Cricket!!! I love this boy! I still love Etienne more (for now) but Cricket comes in at a close second. He is just so sweet and adorable and just omg!!! I loved his and Lola's cute little nightime talks through their windows and just what Cricket did for Lola when he could. I just think he is freakin awesome (am I fan girling here? cuz I feel like I'm fangirling a little. Lol.) Anyways I just thought this book overall was fantastic.

I got my reviews of Lola & If I Die (which I've been promising for two weeks now) up! Yay! And I've pretty much caught up on reviewing finally (all except like one book). So yay for that as well!!! I haven't finished Shine yet though because I ended up reading Fifty Shades of Grey instead of that so.. Lol. Well. I'll link up my reviews for you. :)

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Review: If I Die by Rachel Vincent

This week I'm committing to read:
All These Things I've Done (Birthright #1)
Author: Gabrielle Zevin

Blurb from Goodreads:
In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family. 

Engrossing and suspenseful, All These Things I've Done is an utterly unique, unputdownable read that blends both the familiar and the fantastic.

I've been checking this out on and off from the library for months now cuz I really want to read it but I've just been slacking on fitting it into my schedule. I've heard its pretty good and plus I know the second book in this series is going to be coming out in the next couple of months so I really wanna read it before then. 

5 comments:

  1. I love Lola and the boy next door ! And the blurb of all these things I've done just made me add it to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a bit hesitant to read Lola, because people say it didn't match up to Anna, but I think I'll give it a try now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should read Anna and the French Kiss so I could finally meet Etienne. And now I find myself wanting to read Lola and the Boy Next Door, too.

    I really can't imagine chocolate and coffee being illegal. I just have to have my chocolate.

    Good luck on this week's TBRIC books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... I love that you love Lola so much. I'm just trying to imagine myself falling for a love interest named Cricket. lol. I really do need to pick up Stephanie Perkin's books at some point. :) Good luck with All These Things I've Done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lola and Anna. And Cricket and Etienne? Swoon. I love these four people and I can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After :) Too bad it's going to be released on 2013 instead of 2012 :( But anyway, I'm glad that you loved them! Yay yay!!!

    Okay, so this is the first time I've ever seen that book: All These Things I've Done. It really sounds promising and I'm going to check this out too (not good for my TBR though lol).

    Good luck with your next book, I want to hear what you think about it, soon? xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)