If I Die (Soul Screamers #5)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: September 27, 2011
Pages: 342
Source: Paperback/Library

The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies.

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.


Review: *INCLUDES SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ IT YET* OMG! I think this one is my fave out of the Soul Screamers yet! This book was fantastic! Like I couldn't put this book down until someone literally interrupted me and that person got an earful! Ok, so first of all, who wouldn't feel for Kaylee! She found out she was going to die! I would be flipping out but Kaylee? No, she just makes it her mission to rid her school of the incubus math teacher before her untimely death. I had to admire Kaylee. Despite the fact that she knew she was going to die she put on a really strong face and only had one massive blow up thanks to it, and it wasn't even crying! It was anger! Kaylee was fantastic in trying to stop Mr. Beck. I mean she was doing a lot to figure out things about hi and to try and stop certain things from happening. She even saved a girls life not just from a mental health institution without even realizing it until later. I was so pissed at what Mr. Beck was doing. I mean, I get it. He was doing what his species did but it came at the expense of so many poor girls! Oh, and I loved how much Tod was helping her. I mean Nash was just being a jerk most of the book and wasn't really helping unlike him. And we all know where Sabine was most of the time. Trying to steal Nash back. And OMG! Emma and Kaylee's Dad, her dad especially, they were so sad about Kaylee's impending death and her dad was so desperate to save her even though there was nothing he could do. It was so heartbreaking watching him try to desperately save her. 

Nash and Tod. Lets start with Nash, ever since the Addiction I haven't completely trusted everything with him, but I was starting to until he started acting like a jerk again, very early in this book. He was flipping out over stupid things, especially when he knew Kaylee was looking into Mr. Beck's connection to certain events happening recently. He was getting so pissed off and so worked up over little things but yet Kaylee had no reason in the past to be mad at him for his Addiction? It was like are you kidding me. I'm glad they broke up. Tod... Ok, so it's happened! I am officially Team Tod. I started flipping to Team Tod during the 4th book but it became completely official after certain things he did in this book! And OMG! I am so glad Tod & Kaylee got together finally. You can totally see the chemistry between the two of them and I just love them! And not to mention, Tod is such a sweetie!!! What he did for Kaylee was just beyond freakin amazing! 

5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Nash and somehow I felt sad and sorry for him. But Tod is the right one for Kaylee. Team Tod here! I hope everything will work out well in Before I Wake. I've heard that it's devastating and heartbreaking... I'm getting nervous already... :P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)