Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Publication Date: September 29, 2011
Pages: 338
Source: Hardcover/Own

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Review: *I let out a few spoilers, fair warning* I loved this book! OMG! It is just so fantastic! Cricket!!!! I'm still not sure if I love him as much as I love Etienne but definitely a close second! Speaking of Etienne... I loved Anna and Etienne being in this book! I loved the little snippets of them! Anyways... I thought this was such a perfect description of how you can like someone and despite them hurting you in the past you still cant get over them. I've been there, so when Lola was being oblivious to it and trying to make things work with the boyfriend of hers I knew what was going to happen. It was so painfully obvious how much both Lola and Cricket liked each other yet Lola kept trying to deny it. It was annoying me so much. I mean when you see two people with that kind of chemistry and one of them is still trying to have a relationship with another person even though they know it wont work it kinda annoys you right? But man I love Cricket. He didnt give up. He toned down his wanting her at times but he didnt give up! That's a guy who really loves you. And omg! Despite the fact that they got caught in the morning, I loved Cricket climbing over to Lola's room and just comforting her. I wish I had a guy that would do that for me. That was just too cute!

OK, I do wanna talk about Lindsey and Calliope too. Lindsey is such a fantastic friend to Lola. She was supporting her even when she knew Lola would be better off with Cricket. And not to mention she had her own little thing going on with Charlie. I thought that was so cute, especially the same shoes thing! Calliope... She got on my nerves until right around the end of the book. I mean I get it, she was really stressed and also protective of her brother and what not but that doesn't constitute her acting like such a jerk all the time. I did warm up to her at the end a little though because she admitted she shouldn't deserve Lola's help after what she had done to her. Oh, I almost forgot. Lola's dads! I thought they were so cute sometimes. Especially Andy. Though I did think they acted too overprotective of her sometimes. But I still loved them anyways even with that. 

5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. It deserves 5 stars, right? So glad that you loved it! Great review Brittani! I loved Anna more than Lola, cos I agree with you, sometimes Lola is kinda annoying... just a bit. Anna's personality is something that I can relate with so that's why I'm more into her than Lola. And though I love Cricket, I love Etienne more, Anna and the French Kiss will always be my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)