Behemoth (Leviathan #2)
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: October 5, 2010
Pages: 485
Source: Hardcover/Own

The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.

Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.

Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.


Review: Amazing! I loved this! The action picked up like tons in this book! I read it literally in half the time it took me to read Leviathan. I couldn't put the book down! There was so much action going on that I couldn't put it down because I had to know what was happening. Seriously, I stopped reading to go get some breakfast and had to pick it back up immediately when I got back. Lol. First of all, the secrets, or hidden plans, or things that just weren't told! So many things! I mean it was like you'd learn one thing and then another one bigger than that would be outed and added even more drama and interest to the story. Normally I don't like lots of secrets or secret like things being revealed one after the other but it worked so well in this story. It made you want to read more and more! The way the secrets were revealed just played into the story being that much better! Not to mention, the two biggest secrets, Alek being a Prince, and Deryn being a girl were almost outed a couple of times and it kept me on my toes wondering if one of them was about to be in trouble. Ahhh! This is why Scott Westerfeld is one of my favorite authors! Just when I think his writing couldn't be any better I'm blown away by the latest thing I've read by him! I love writers than can blow you away with their work even when you think they cant get any better than they already have. :D

Now back to the book! Lol. The Ottoman Empire! I didn't know what to expect when the Leviathan got their but it wasn't what actually happened! I definitely wasnt expecting to find the Germans having way more control than people thought. I mean it was made obvious that even though they were supposed to be a neutral power who had more control. The Germans. I mean just with the way people were treating them you could tell that it wasn't as friendly to the Darwinists as they were to the Clankers. I was scared for both Deryn and Alek when they weren't aboard the Leviathan! I mean at least on the Leviathan the crew tried to be friendly with Alek and his people. The people in Istanbul were just rude to them all around! Not to mention it showed what side they were leaning towards at the end with what they had built! I'm so glad Deryn, Alek and their allies we're able to destroy what was built before it could do a lot of harm! If you liked Leviathan then I highly suggest you pick up Behemoth! :)

4 1/2 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)