Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


So I read Red Rising this week and loved it so much I had to download the audiobooks for the rest of them right after. I also put a hold on Dark Age in case anyone was wondering. Lol.


So as far as reading goes this week, I've only finished Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I have started the audiobooks for Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff and Golden Son by Pierce Brown, but haven't finished them yet. I really loved Red Rising though. I definitely think this is a new fave for me. Idk why it took me so long to read it. I'm really hoping to make a push this weekend to get more read for Bout of Books. I really want to get more than one book read and I'm hoping with Brian being here after getting off work Saturday, he can put my mind at ease (see below) and help me relax so I can read more. 

Lets just say this week has been aggravating. The shit talking that happened a few weeks ago came back full force and I'm still done. I didn't do anything to provoke it. All I did was get on Facebook and see yet more trash talking. All it did is reinforce why me and Brian are finding our own place. I just don't have it in me anymore to deal with this bullshit honestly. I've never had my mental health be as bad as it has been the past few months. I have another like 4 apartments we're gonna look at this weekend/early week and hopefully we like one. I know multiple have a few units available now. So hopefully I have good news next week. But I'm just at a point guys. I'm exhausted. I just want some peace. 

In other news, it's been a while since I gave an Ana update. I'm sure you guys have been wondering how she is. She's been doing swimming lessons all summer and she's conquered her fear of water! I'm so freaking proud of her. She was terrified of the pool before but now she absolutely loves swimming! School has started back up for her. Its her last year of preschool guys! OMG. She's growing up too fast. And she's even working on her fear of dogs. James adopted a dog a few weeks ago (since I got Brodie (the kitty) in the breakup with him being legally mine) and she actually had a positive reaction to the dog. She was also terrified of them before so I'm proud of her for that too. I'm such a happy mom seeing her get past some of the big fears she's had for a while! 

  • Review: Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown
  • Review: Golden Son (Red Rising #2) by Pierce Brown
  • New Releases: Week of August 27, 2019
  • Review: Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
  • Review: Nyxia Uprising (The Nyxia Triad #3) by Scott Reintgen (I swear I'll get it finished and reviewed this week, I've just been side tracked as you guys can clearly tell)

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)