Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!


So since I reviewed one of the Nyxia books from Netgalley, one of the publicists from Random House emailed me with access on Netgalley to his newest upcoming YA book. And I'm super excited! Cuz he's an awesome author and this book sounds soooo good! It comes out in January, so look for me to review it closer to the end of the year. 

I had such a good reading week guys! I listened to 3 audiobooks! So first, like I mentioned last week, I listened to A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs. I really enjoyed it. It had such a different feel from the first three books and sets up such an interesting story for the second half of the series! Then I listened to The Deceivers by Kristen Simmons. Which is also a book I needed to review so yeah. That worked out great. I really enjoyed it as well! I was so engrossed in the story and it just had such good pacing. Definitely goes to show why Kristen Simmons is one of my fave authors. She can write a number of different genres in YA and I'll still love it! And last but not least, I listened to the audiobook for Night of Cake & Puppets by Laini Taylor. Guys, I've had it on my kindle for like AGES and never got to it. So since the audiobook was available I decided to listen to it. And guys. The feels for Zuzana and Mik. Ugh!!!! Definitely enjoyed that as well! And I definitely feel like this good of a reading week has set me up nicely for Bout of Books starting Monday. I feel so energized to read more!! I did also try to listen to Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston but ended up DNFing it. Which made me really sad cuz I really wanted to like it with it being a scifi book and a Anastasia retelling. But I got a good 45 mins in the audiobook and nothing about the story was holding my interest. Usually by almost an hour in, I can say whether I'm liking the story or not. And I don't think switching formats would help. I was just not interested in general. But hey, it happens. I had such a good reading week otherwise that I'm not even bothered by the one meh moment. 

So update from last week. We did got and look at some apartments. We did find one we really like, but they won't have any openings til mid October and we're not sure we wanna wait that long. So we're gonna keep looking. But if we don't find anything else we really like, we might just suck it up and wait til then. I'm gonna be introducing Brian to Ana this weekend hopefully. So I'm excited about that. Me and Brian are also gonna go out today (Saturday) for Suicune raid day. Really hoping to get a shiny, but also just need to get Brian one in general. Lol. Really excited though cuz Suicune is definitely one of my faves. I've also been playing Assassin's Creed Origins again. I finally felt like picking it back up again and I've been having so much fun playing it. And I got Brian finally playing it now too. So we're having some good fun going back and forth seeing who can unlock more achievements. Lol. So far I'm in the lead as of writing this post. But thats cuz he's been working since Wednesday. So I kinda had time to get ahead. We'll probably leap frog back and forth through the weekend though. We have a lot of fun together. 

  • Bout of Books Update Post
  • Review: Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2.5) by Laini Taylor
  • New Releases: Week of August 20, 2019
  • Review: Eclipse The Skies (Ignite The Stars #2) by Maura Milan
  • Review: Nyxia Uprising (The Nyxia Triad #3) by Scott Reintgen

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)