Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!



I went and bought myself the pretty B&N Edition of The Wicked King. It's seriously so beautiful! And I found a nice used copy of Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy. I plan on reading all the Shadowhunter books this year to get completely caught up, so I've been buying the short story bind ups to have them ready! 



Obviously I'm slowly collecting all the Dirk Pitt novels. I happened across these this week and grabbed them! Still a lot more to go! LOL. 

So yeah, it was another week of not posting. Sorry guys, I actually meant to this week, just been distracted. I've been applying for jobs, and I also took the postal exam so I can get into the post office. Cuz you know, they pay pretty decent. I also started a workout plan this week. I'm really trying to make 2019 the year I get back into shape, so I made a workout plan and I'm trying super hard to stick to it. I also reconnected with one of my best friends who I haven't talked to in a while, and made plans to hang out and catch up this weekend. 

Ana also had her 4 year check up this week. She's doing pretty well. We got some good suggestions from her doctor for preschool. Poor girl also got 3 shots. She was so out of it after her appointment. I felt so bad. But she felt better after some sleep. She's also started potty training at night. So far so good. She's only had one accident so far.

So I'm sure a number of you are wondering about my depression. It's still there. But I'm dealing. Talking to friends has been helping. It's definitely not gone by a long shot, but I haven't spent every day crying this week, so I think that is some very good progress for me. I've also been watching some of my favorite shows, like Doctor Who and The Grand Tour, and that's cheered me up a bit. So it's been a bit of a better week for me. And I'm finally getting back into a book! Metro 2033! It's gonna be my first dystopian read of the year!


  • Review: Vixen 03 (Dirk Pitt #5) by Clive Cussler
  • New Releases: Week of January 22, 2019
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Meant To Read In 2018 But Didn't Get To
  • Review: Night Probe (Dirk Pitt #6) by Clive Cussler

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job hunt and with getting healthier. Those are 2 of my goals for this year. I’m glad Ana is doing well. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there with your plans. I love Dirk Pitt books but it might be 20 years since I read them. We also are working on a workout plan but don't try to do everything at once, be kind to yourself. Have a good week and enjoy your reading! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm just gradually reading them as I get my hands on them. Oh definitely! I made a workout plan that has a little bit of cardio every day but the major focus differs. Like abs one day, then arms, etc. So far it's helped to not over work certain parts of the body! Thanks! Have a great week as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the job hunt! I love the Shadowhunter books but haven't read the short stories. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I haven't read any of the short stories either! So I'm excited since I know a number of them hint at things in books I haven't got to yet or for future series!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the job hunt! I've been trying to get back in shape. I decided to start with just yoga, I'm trying to just fit in a couple minutes away. I'm not doing the best job at that but at least we're trying to get healthier, right? I hope Ana is feeling better! I have three kids and they still get mad at me when they get shots at the doctor.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a good plan. A few minutes is better than nothing! Definitely! It's a start! Haha. Ana despises shots! She honestly got that look of betrayal when she saw the shots. Like mom, how dare you make me get these! Hehe. She's doing much better. After some solid sleep she felt good as new!

      Delete
  5. I have the Owlcrate edition of The Wicked King, but the B&N Edition looks stunning too!
    I have promised myself I'm reading The Shadowhunters books too. I have started City of Bones a million times and just never manage to get through it. I have a big collection of Clive Cussler books because my grandfather used to love them. I will start one of them this week actually. Have a great week!
    https://bookishtreats.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! It does! I didn't get the B&N version of The Cruel Prince but knew I absolutely had to have the one of The Wicked King. It's gorgeous! Lol. I finally started my reread of City of Bones this month. My goal is at least one Shadowhunter book a month to move through them finally. Nice!! Thanks! Have a great week as well! :)

      Delete
  6. Ah The Wicked King - I'm waiting for my library to get it in!

    I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. <3 I hope you have a great week this week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I wouldn't be able to wait for the library with it! Lol.

      Thanks! :D Things are definitely looking up finally! So far this week has been good! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)