Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!

NO NEW BOOKS THIS WEEK!


So it was just another slow reading week. I finish both Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas and One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake which I mentioned I started last week. Guys... Kingdom of Ash. OMG. The tears, the emotions. Guys, Manon had me in tears so much in this book. My girl Manon was just absolutely 100% amazing in this. She honest to god ended up being my favorite in the end of KoA. Ahh. So many heartwarming and heartbreaking situations. Guys, prepare your hearts accordingly if you haven't started KoA yet because it will take a toll on you. 

So Halloween was this week!!! Ana had so much fun! We carved our pumpkins on Monday. She got to go up to our front office and trick or treat with the office staff. And then we obviously took her out trick or treating a little later. She did SOOOOO good for it being her first time. And she got so many comments on her adorable Vampirina costume! And she just loved getting candy. She just had the best Halloween ever. And then on Thursday we went and had lunch with my best friend and her daughter (whose 4 months younger than Ana). And she just had a blast with that. Great thing about my best friend having a kid right after me, our kids are super close in age and love to hang out. It's so much fun watching toddlers interact and play. So it's been a fun filled week. 

So, guys. It's NOVEMBER! The year is almost at an end. Holy sh*t. Ana's birthday is literally in a month (from Sunday). I have a birthday party to plan now. I think we've settled on Peppa Pig themed. And of course we gotta start getting ready for Thanksgiving (since we host it). And then Christmas. So much is going on. And of course I got to start planning stuff for next year for the blog. I gotta start working on the graphics for the 2019 Dystopia Reading Challenge, get the sign-ups prepped. Goodness, the end of the year and the craziness just sneaks up on you huh?? LOL. But I'm excited. The holidays are my favorite time of the year and I'm just so excited to jump into the craziness!! :D :D :D Be on the lookout for some special things on the blog! :D 

  • Review: A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
  • Review: Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
  • New Releases: Week of November 6, 2018
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Backlist Books I Want To Read
  • Review: Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns #3) by Kendare Blake
  • Discussion: Reacting to Bookish Memes - This is absolutely going to be a fun, chill, laid back discussion where we can just laugh at and talk about how much we do or don't identify with bookish memes. LOL. It's gonna be a good time! 
  • Review: Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack The Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco

14 comments:

  1. I’m glad Ana had a good Halloween! I’m not ready for the end of the year, either. There’s still so much stuff to get done!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! :D I know!! Ah. Gotta really start cracking down and get stuff done!

      Delete
  2. The end of the year has definitely snuck up on me too! It sounds like you'll have a busy but exciting end of the year!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's gonna be so busy but so much fun and exciting!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the Sarah Maas book. I've only read one of her books, but I loved it so much. I definitely need to read more of her books soon.
    Sounds like you'll be pretty busy this month. I'll hope you'll be able to read too. ;)
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Oh yeah. Its definitely gonna be a busy month. But it should be a good month regardless. I'm pretty sure I will. Just gotta fit it in between things. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this time of year too. Halloween was fun but now I'm really looking forward to the Christmas run up!

    I bought KoA last week but I haven't been brave enough to start reading it yet. Your feedback ties in with what else I've seen about the book and I'm not ready! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm so excited! LOL. It's just heartbreaking and heartwarming and its so emotional. But its so worth the read. It's definitely on my list of all time favorites because of the reactions it pulled out of me.

      Delete
  5. I have seen a lot of Maas and read a little. I do want more.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween is always fun when there are kids around, right? And advance wishes on her bday

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's always enjoyable seeing kids enjoy the holiday!! :D

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great week with lots of fun to come with the holidays. I want to listen to the rest of the Maas series, maybe December. I'm excited to have more time after Wednesday to get going on my own planning for holidays and blogging, and maybe catch up on sleep for a few days. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Catching up on sleep is always good! LOL. Yes! So much fun with the holidays coming up!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)