Opal (Lux #3)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: December 11, 2012
Pages: 452
Source: Kindle Book

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.



Review: This is definitely the best book in the series so far! I loved it so much! That lovely synopsis up there wasn't lying. So I wanna start with the stuff from the synopsis. It was true about the unlikely source for help. Now, I'm not gonna mention the names of the people related to these things (don't wanna spoil it). But wow!!! I definitely didn't see that alliance happening with all that had happened! And then the friends becoming enemies... That wasn't a lie either. And I was so sad about that... Why did she have to be the one who got turned against them???? Me no likey that. :( Anyways, I also found it really funny how Blake shows back up in this book. And Daemon doesn't lay off the calling him by the wrong name. So far my faves are Biff and Barf! Those two in particular just made me laugh so much when Daemon called Blake those!!! So from the title, I knew the stone Opal was somehow going to be involved in the story in either hurting or helping the Luxen. We find out specifically that it can help them... Except for the fact that its in very short supply and the DOD's secret organization happens to have a bunch to enhance their hybrids (why the bad guys get all the good stuff?) UGH!!! 

Dawson! I was really happy with the progress he was making in this book! He went from being totally isolated from his family to really making an attempt to pull them closer again. And I was also happy that Katy had a huge part in it. She made the attempt to do things that Dawson liked whenever she was around him to try and make him feel more comfortable and to adjust better to being out of captivity. She was also there for him to talk to when he needed someone even if it was only short conversations. I was very happy that Dawson went back to school. Granted, it was hard for him with all the whispers around about him but he dealt with it. Dawson is a really strong guy. I also loved that no matter what he would stop at nothing to get Beth back! He loves her so much and it showed with just how hard he fought with everyone to try and form a plan to get her back. Dawson is a good guy!

Dee... I was not much of a fan of Dee in this book. She was treating Katy so bad. She blamed Katy for Adams death and wouldn't give her a break. She wouldn't even let Katy talk to her. I was getting so annoyed with her. Adam meant something to everyone, granted she was his girlfriend and was close to him but she wasn't the only one hurting from his death. I was happier with Dee at the end of the book though after she started making attempts to reconcile her friendship with Katy. 

Daemon and Katy!!! Hehehehehehe. I think everyone that's read this already knows what I'm gonna say first... They did it!!! They finally did it!!! Yay for them!!! We all know we were waiting to read about this moment!!!!! I love love love Daemon and Katy together!!! :D They had some smallish fights but they worked everything out. It would have been impossible for them not to with how strong their feelings are for each other! And I really loved how Katy stepped up in this book! Daemon too, boyfriend wise. Daemon... He was so determined to keep Katy safe. He tried time after time to convince her to not go on any missions to attempt to get Beth back and I loved that. It showed just how much he cared for her and wanted to protect her. So sweet. But I also loved Katy for standing up to him and shooting him down every time. Lol. She stood her ground with him. Wherever he goes she goes. Even if its on a rescue mission. Why should only he have to risk his life when we know Katy is a huge part of everything too? It only seemed right that since Katy was getting better with her powers that she be a part of things too. I did feel bad for Katy though throughout the book. She was either trying to be killed, IN HER OWN HOUSE! Or someone was outside her house spying on her. She could not catch a break at her own house. It was sad. And the ending.... NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Katy..... just..... no........ WHY???????? And we have to wait for Origin to find out about what happens next?????? Man.... Not cool!!! Can we have the next book now pretty please?!?!?!

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)