Hidden (Firelight #3)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: September 11, 2012
Pages: 260
Source: Hardcover/Library

Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.



*Review is a bit spoilery in places*

Review: I'm really not sure how I feel about this book! It was so up and down with all that happened. I was very glad they got Miram and escaped from the Enkros. I was also glad they let all the other Draki have a chance to get free. Even the gray one who at first seemed to be just a Draki that had completely lost his humanity. I was very happy to learn that that wasn't the case. Though I pretty much died a little inside when we thought Cassian was dead when he was fighting him (at first we learn). Oh man, I seriously think my heart stopped beating for a few mins there. I was so happy when we learned he was alright and that the gray Draki had helped him! I was also happy that they welcomed Deghan (the gray Draki) into the fold. After learning about what had happened to him I didn't hold a grudge against him for the fight with Jacinda at all. Poor Deghan. His entire pride was taken and he ended up being the only one that survived (thanks to his special Draki talent). I definitely understand we he was so hardened around the edges. And then at that, he had been in captivity for years. Not months, years. My guess based on when he said he was taken and how old he seemed when he got out is at least 4 or 5 years. That's a lot of time in captivity! I'm really glad he has the chance at a new life now! 

Man, I felt for the group. First they break out of the Enkros' stronghold and then they keep getting picked up by Hunters. It's like they were constantly hiding. Even when they got back close to the pride! Why can't Will's freaking family back the hell off and stop hunting them?!?! I also felt for Jacinda and Miram in particular. Miram because she finds out she has a tracking device in her and shes the reason they keep being found by the Hunters. Jacinda because she keeps having to use her talent as a fire breather to get them out of situations with the Hunters. She really feels bad about having to use it to potentially kill someone and it weighs really heavily on her. I must say though. Tamra was a huge help with her shading talent in situations with the Hunters as well. 

Man. I was so sad to hear the truth from Deghan about Jacinda and Tamra's dad. But I was relieved to finally know for sure what happened to him. I was surprised though at the fact that we learned someone in the pride led him into a trap that got him caught by the Enkros in the first place. And then that person killed Miram in cold blood! Jabel did it both!!! I couldn't believe it! Especially the thing with Miram! She killed her niece in cold blood! All the trouble Jacinda and everyone went through to save Miram and in the end she ends up dead anyways because her own aunt killed her. Man, if you don't call that cold hearted betrayal I don't know what is! 

I was very happy in the end though that Deghan was welcomed into the pride (after Severin stepped down) and that he's with Tamra! They definitely fit well together! I'm also happy that Tamra and Deghan are both on this new council for the Pride! They will definitely do good things for it! I was torn on what Cassian did. He was supposed to be the Pride leader after his dad stepped down but he decided to step down from it as well and leave the Pride to do his own thing. I hope it works out for him. And then Jacinda... I'll admit. I'm disappointed she still chose Will. I really wanted her to choose Cassian after he stepped up and really tried to help her. So I'm not happy she's with Will but its her heart. I can't tell her what to feel. Though um. Cassian. I'm available!!!!!!! :D Lol! I was a little sad we didn't learn exactly what kind of Draki Deghan was though and that we didn't learn what this thing with the Hunters was about how its supposedly not possible for Draki to be girls! I was really curious about that.

4 1/2 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. Hidden is a fitting finale full of wow worthy writing, striking story lines, and complex characters, Sophie Jordan has written another book to fall in love with.

    Zia
    Why not see Fishing Lodge Alaska

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)