Shadows (Ashes Trilogy #2)
Author: Ilsa J. Bick
Publisher: Egmont USA
Publication Date: September 25, 2012
Pages: 528
Source: Galley/NetGalley

The Apocalypse does not end. The Changed will grow in numbers. The Spared may not survive.

Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the world was gone, she believed Rule could be a sanctuary for her and those she’d come to love.
But she was wrong.

Now Alex is in the fight of her life against the adults, who would use her, the survivors, who don’t trust her, and the Changed, who would eat her alive.

Welcome to Shadows, the second book in the haunting apocalyptic Ashes Trilogy: where no one is safe and humans may be the worst of the monsters.



Review: This book had my heart racing the entire time! It started right where Ashes left off, and lead right into some action! Gosh, so much action in this book! Ok, I thought Ashes was pretty gory and difficult to read at points but this one made Ashes look normal. But yet again I couldn't put the book down! You know how there like those movies that scare you so much or are so gross to watch but yet you cant look away from the TV screen? Yeah, it was like that except book edition. It was so gory but yet I couldn't put it down! Just like Ashes you have to seriously prepare yourself for this book. Don't read it at night!!!! I did and I was paranoid the changed were gonna get me. Lol. 

Alex. Man, if I was her I would be scared out of my mind. Especially after figuring out what Rule was doing and how it related to the Changed. Even scarier though was that she was taken hostage by the Changed. These Changed around Rule were seriously smart. They also started hanging around in bigger packs, and they evolved more with getting weapons (and knowing how to use them) and being decently clothed. I was also shocked but not surprised about what we found out about the Changed and how they were so closely related to Rule. It definitely explained a lot! I questioned why the Changed kept Alex alive though. Even Alex question why they all kept her alive. It was so odd. Alex was amazing though, she did whatever she had to to keep herself alive even though the changed made it clear they wanted her alive anyways. That girl was just amazing. But the end... WHAT HAPPENED TO ALEX IN THE END!?!?!?!

Tom! OMG! I'm so glad he's alive! He is definitely a fighter just like Alex! I felt bad that he yet again had to go on the run all of a sudden again instead of being able to plan how he was gonna try to find Alex but hey. We all know in this books setting that isn't gonna happen. I was really happy when he ran into Mellie and her group, especially since they had this plan for the Changed (also referred to as Chuckies)! I also loved how they were gonna try and wage war against Rule which I was definitely all for. Though I was definitely all about seeing them succeed in blowing up the mine near Rule where the Chuckies all seemed to hang out. It was a genius idea even if some spared ended up as collateral damage. (On a serious note though, the Chuckies seriously creep me out. With all that they did in this book I was having trouble falling asleep cuz I couldn't stop picturing them.)

Chris and Lena. Man. First they're saved from the torture house in Rule, but then they're forced out into the open and all on their own to try and find some guy they don't even know is still alive. I really felt for Chris cuz he felt like so much of what had happened so recently was his fault. And then on top of that he had to take care of Lena cuz she was sick most of the time. And he didn't even figure out why until almost the end of the book. I must say I do feel bad about what happened to him at the end of the book. I definitely don't think he deserved for that to happen to him... Lena. I don't have much to say about her except WHAT!?!?! I can't believe the reason about why shes always feeling sick. (Think about it). I did not see that coming! I really hope Lena ends up being ok in the next book just due to that one thing alone. I need Lena to survive the next book!!!! I seriously can't wait for the next book!!  

5 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I NEED to read this series! Cliffhangers are so cruel when the next book isn't out yet... ahh! I hope you get your hands on the 3rd book too. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this series sounds absolutely amazing. I definitely need to read it! Awesome review, you have just sold me on the series!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)