Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls #2)
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Publication Date: September 4, 2012
Pages: 328
Source: ARC

Three teenage descendants of Medusa, now united, must claim their heritage to fight the monsters escaped from the abyss.

Gretchen may have known she was a descendant of Medusa long before her sisters--after all, she's spent her life fighting the monsters that escape the abyss--but that doesn't mean it will be easy to teach the other girls the ropes.

Greer has pressing social commitments on her plate and precious little time to train in her newfound powers. But that wretched second sight won't leave her alone, and her fabled heritage seems to be creeping into her fashionable life.

Grace has worries closer to home--like why her brother, Thane, has disappeared. He's hiding something. Could it possibly be related to the secret heritage the triplets share?


Review: This book was fantastic! I really enjoyed the first book but this one was like ten times better! First of all, there was twice as much action as the first one! It made the book so much fun to read! There wasn't a moment without monster fighting, trying to save someone, or trying to come up with a plan to save someone. It kept you hooked the entire time! I also really enjoyed the 3 different POVs (I know some people didn't like it but it works for me). I loved knowing what each girl was thinking and planning. I loved getting to see what each of their separate personality's were like as well! We really got to know more of Greer in this book (which was one of my main complaints in Sweet Venom, was that we didn't really get to know much about her). I also was really happy that Grace & Greer (especially Greer) stepped up and really embraced their destiny as descendants of Medusa. I cant believe what Gretchen did about halfway through the book (I can't say or it would spoil it too much but OMG!)! My heart was pounding when she did that! I was so scared for her, but I completely understood why she did it too. I also loved learning more about what exactly being the Key Generation meant. A few more things make sense now that they were explained in this book!

Nick. This guy. I'm not sure how I feel about him after reading this book. I was glad to finally find out why he was so involved in getting closer to Gretchen, and that he was there to protect the girls. But then after what he revealed in the end I'm not sure what I think. I really wanna trust him but I'm not sure I fully can. I hope it turns out we can in the third book! I was also really shocked to find out who exactly Grace's school counselor really is. And I was also surprised to find out the janitor at Greer's school is a monster fighting on the girls side! Didn't see that coming! The thing I want to know though, is what is up with Thane?!?!?! What does he know about Grace's heritage? How does he fit into this?? I'm so confused about how he fits in, but I know he does somehow. I really hope we learn how he fits in in the third book! Tera Lynn Childs, can we please have the third book like asap??? I'm dying to know what happens! 

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)