Cold Kiss (Cold Kiss #1)
Author: Amy Garvey
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: September 20, 2011
Pages: 304
Source: Hardcover/Library

When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved.

Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart.

Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.


Review: I wasn't sure about reading this to be honest. I've heard some mixed reviews on it and I've been kinda putting it off for a while. I'm glad I read it finally though. I did enjoy it and it was definitely a little different from other books I've read. Wren has these powers that she doesn't know much about, except what she's learned on her own and from secret meeting with her Aunt. She does know that her powers are really strong, strong enough to raise her recently dead boyfriend from death. OK, let me start with this. That would be a really cool power (along with all he other cool powers she has) but if someone dies, no matter how much you love them, I think you should just let them be and rest in peace. I get she was grieving and that she wanted him back but just because she had the power to bring him back doesnt mean she should have. And she realizes that, especially after Danny starts flipping out because he's remembering what happened, and that he shouldnt be alive. I really felt for Wren. I mean she was really upset about losing her boyfriend, and then she felt worse after bringing him back because he's not the same person and if she had been thinking more clearer she might have thought twice about doing it. But on top of that, because of him remembering what happened, she has to find a way to fix it, and the only way to really fix it would be to give him back to death. That sucks, having to deal with your boyfriend dying twice. I mean, I'm pretty sure once is more than enough but twice is making you live through the pain all over again. I felt so bad that she had to go through that. But I definitely believe she did the right thing about Danny in the end. 

I also felt for her with her friends. After Danny died she just withdrew from so much, including seeing her friends. And it really affected them. You could tell how much Dar & Jess missed their best friend but with the whole thing with Danny remembering going on and the new thing with Gabriel she just couldn't fully concentrate on fixing her friendships. And I really felt for her friends the entire time as well. They couldn't really do much to help her except just sit back and wait until she was ready to start spending more time with them. And then Gabriel... I honestly didn't know what to think of him at first. He seemed creepy at first but then when Wren started to let him become friends with her and talk to her I liked him ten times more. Especially when he kept saying he just wanted to help her, even after finding out what she did and the powers she possessed. I also liked that he had his own kinds of powers as well. It made for an interesting story and I loved how when she needed him he was there, even in the dead middle of the night. It showed just how much he cared and I liked that. Overall, I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would! 

4 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)