Obsidian (Lux #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date (Of Re-Release): May 8, 2012
Pages: 335
Source: Kindle Book/Loaned From Friend

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Review: OH MY GOD! Where do I even start with this book??? I am seriously in love with this book! Like no joke, this has seriously just became my favorite book! A book hasn't got me this hot & bothered, overly excited and just all around super fan girlish in a while! I couldn't put this book down! And OH MY GOD! Daemon! I'm not the only one who gets hot and bothered when he says "Kitten" right? I seriously couldn't control myself when he would say it! I seriously tried so hard to be mad at him when he was acting like a jerk but I couldn't despite my best efforts! Every time he said "Kitten" or just anything relatively nice my heart just melted!!! And all those times he was shirtless. Man, I had the most fun ever reading this book just because of those images in my head of him! All of you know exactly what I mean, you cant help but love picturing him! I like seriously could not get enough of Daemon!!! OK, I'll stop fangirling now. Lol.

Fantastic alien book! I haven't read any alien books (or at least I don't think I have yet) but if you have Daemon (there I go again, lol) or anyone remotely like him in them I will read it! I loved Daemon's devotion to keeping his sister safe, and then keeping Katy safe as well (even though that proved to be difficult at times). He might have been a jerk (even though that didn't faze me one bit) but when it came down to it he tried his hardest to protect those people he cared about (even if he didn't exactly show it). I also really loved Dee! Despite Daemon being the overprotective brother to her she held her own when she had to. She refused to let him ruin her friendship with Katy in the beginning and she also was an amazing friend to Katy! Katy! Hahahaha. I seriously love this girl! She wold not let Daemon get to her, or control her! She was stubborn and dead-set on what she wanted to do! And even though it wasn't the best or smartest thing to do sometimes, you still have to admire her for what she did and her strong will to not give into what Daemon wanted. She was also pretty brave and selfless too! Especially with what she did for Daemon and tried doing for Dee to protect them! OMG! This thing between them at the end (which you guys know is actually a few things)! Gahhh!!!! I like seriously need Onyx like right now to know what happens between them next! And I absolutely loved the powers the Luxen have!!! I mean seriously, Daemon's and Dee's powers are freaking amazing! Who wouldn't want to have those??? And just because, I seriously love how Katy is a book blogger! I know all of us in our community love that what we do is actually written into a character in a book! I mean how awesome sauce is that???

Just because I have to, I have to post one of my fave Daemon "Kitten" quotes!:
"In your dreams, Kitten." He smirked. "Oh wait, I'm already starring in those, aren't I?" 

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)