Bittersweet
Author: Sarah Ockler
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: January 3, 2012
Pages: 378
Source: Hardcover/Library

Once upon a time, Hudson knew exactly what her future looked like. Then a betrayal changed her life, and knocked her dreams to the ground. Now she’s a girl who doesn’t believe in second chances... a girl who stays under the radar by baking cupcakes at her mom’s diner and obsessing over what might have been.

So when things start looking up and she has another shot at her dreams, Hudson is equal parts hopeful and terrified. Of course, this is also the moment a cute, sweet guy walks into her life... and starts serving up some seriously mixed signals. She’s got a lot on her plate, and for a girl who’s been burned before, risking it all is easier said than done.

It’s time for Hudson to ask herself what she really wants, and how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get it. Because in a place where opportunities are fleeting, she knows this chance may very well be her last...


Review: OMG! I absolutely loved this book! Ok, first of all, with all the talk of cupcakes throughout the book it made me seriously hungry! I mean all those different flavors being described... YUM! I'm so tempted to go to the store and get some cupcakes after reading this. Lol. This book was absolutely amazing! It was my first Sarah Ockler book and I must say I definitely enjoyed it! I really enjoyed her writing! From the moment I started reading the book I didn't want to put it down because well a) I was really enjoying the story and b) the writing was just amazing and it kept me pulled in and wanting more. I have to say, I have mad appreciation for all the hard work Hudson put into her cupcakes! I mean I love to bake, my friends compliment me in my baking all the time but I don't think I could bake that much. Hudson has mad baking skills! Lol. 

Josh... Lol. I thought it was just the cutest thing how Josh and Hudson started talking after literally crashing into each other skating. Ok, I'm not trying to be mean or anything here but you would have had to be a fool to not notice Hudson falling for Josh. I mean the way they looked at each other, how they would make each other music mixes, how Hudson usually clammed up around him despite her best efforts not to. Lol. It was so adorable! I mean you could totally tell they were falling for each other even when they might not have noticed it themselves. I absolutely loved the ending between them! I knew right from the start Hudson's "relationship" if you could call it that with Will wasn't going to last. I mean ya she liked him, but she was constantly thinking about a certain other someone when she was with him. I think Hudson put too much on her plate. She had work, the cupcakes, coaching the hockey team, practicing for her skating competition, watching her little brother. She had way too much going on and so much suffered because of it, especially her relationship with her bestie. I hated seeing her and Dani fight though they came out okay in the end, and I was glad to see Hudson and Kara talking again after so many years. I was also happy to see that even though Hudson bailed on her mom when she needed her and then after getting to the skating competition, deciding if she really needed to do it or not, made up for her mistakes in the end. She got the whole town to go down to the restaurant which kept her moms business alive. Even though Hudson made a few mistakes along the way she realized them at the end and tried to fix them. And that made the ending perfect! 

I'd definitely recommend this to others... Especially if you like cupcakes!!!! :D

Have you guys read Bittersweet? If so what did you think about the book? Let me know in the comments!! :)

5 Stars!

3 comments:

  1. I never read it before, but it sounds like a yummy book.:) I love cupcakes. Lol. I'll have to put it in my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read this. I need to get on that soon because the book sounds totally awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww the way you described Hudson and Josh's interactions reminds me of Remy and Dexter from This Lullaby. So cute lol. :) I'm eying Bittersweet on my shelf right now and it's taking everything in me not to go start it (homework :[ ).

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)